The UCF Knights (3-1) and their 18th-ranked pass defense will host the SMU Mustangs (2-2) and the seventh-ranked pass attack on Saturday, October 1, 2022. The Mustangs are 3.5-point underdogs. An over/under of 65 points has been set for the contest.
UCF vs. SMU Predictions
UCF vs. SMU Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
UCF vs. SMU: Last 3 Games
- UCF has one win against the spread, and is 2-1 overall, in its past three contests.
- UCF’s past three games have not hit the over.
- The Knights and their opponents have combined to score an average of 59.8 points in their last three games, 5.2 less than the 65 over/under in this matchup.
- SMU is winless against the spread and 2-1 overall in its last three contests.
- In its past three games, SMU has gone over the total once.
- The Mustangs and their opponents have combined to score an average of 70.3 combined points over their last three games, 5.3 more than the 65 over/under in this matchup.
UCF vs. SMU Betting Trends
- UCF has put together a record of 2-2-0 against the spread this season.
- The Knights have an ATS record of 2-2 when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites.
- This season, UCF’s games have hit the over once.
- UCF has won three of the four games it was the moneyline favorite this season (75%).
- UCF is 0-0 (winning 75% of its games) when it have played as a moneyline favorite of -161 or shorter.
- SMU is 1-3-0 against the spread this year.
- Games involving SMU has hit the over once this year.
- SMU has lost both games it has played as underdogs this season.
- SMU has played as an underdog of +134 or more once this season and won that game.
UCF vs. SMU: Over/Under Trends
- UCF and its opponents have combined to go over Saturday’s total of 65 points once this season.
- There has been just one game featuring SMU this season with more combined scoring than Saturday’s total of 65.
- The point total for the matchup of 65 is 7.8 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Knights (34.3 points per game) and the Mustangs (38.5 points per game).
- The 39 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 26.0 fewer than the 65 total in this contest.
- The Knights have seen a 59.3 average over/under in their games this season, 5.7 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- Mustangs’ games have a total points bet of 69.6 points this season, 4.6 points more than the over/under for this game.
UCF Players to Watch
- John Rhys Plumlee has been a dual threat to lead UCF in both passing and rushing. He has 827 passing yards (206.8 ypg), completing 59% of his passes and collecting five touchdown passes and three interceptions this season. He’s rushed for 390 yards (97.5 ypg) on 68 carries with four rushing touchdowns.
- This season Isaiah Bowser has piled up 70 carries for 237 yards (59.3 per game) and five touchdowns.
- Javon Baker’s team-high 257 receiving yards (64.3 yards per game) have come on 18 receptions with two touchdowns.
- Ryan O’Keefe has put up a 136-yard season so far (34.0 receiving yards per game), hauling in 15 passes.
- Alec Holler has hauled in four catches for 115 yards (28.8 ypg) this season.
SMU Players to Watch
- Tanner Mordecai has thrown for 1,385 yards (346.3 ypg) to lead SMU, completing 58.4% of his passes and collecting 12 touchdown passes and five interceptions this season.
- Tre Siggers has carried the ball 50 times for a team-high 200 yards (50.0 per game), with four touchdowns this year.
- This season Velton Gardner has rushed for 161 yards (40.3 per game) on 25 carries.
- Rashee Rice’s 565 receiving yards (141.3 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s collected 34 receptions and four touchdowns.
- Jake Bailey has hauled in 12 passes for 205 yards (51.3 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- Jordan Kerley’s six catches this season have resulted in 133 yards (33.3 ypg) and one touchdown.
Where To Watch UCF vs. SMU
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.