The No. 11 Penn State Nittany Lions (4-0) will face off against their Big Ten-rival, the Northwestern Wildcats (1-2) in a matchup on Saturday, October 1, 2022 at Beaver Stadium. The Wildcats will need their best effort to pull off an upset, they are currently 25.5-point underdogs. The over/under is 52.5 in the outing.
Penn State vs. Northwestern Predictions
Penn State vs. Northwestern Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Penn State vs. Northwestern Betting Trends
- Penn State has put together a record of 3-1-0 against the spread this season.
- The Nittany Lions have an ATS record of 1-1 when playing as at least 25.5-point favorites.
- Penn State’s games have gone over the total three times this season.
- Penn State has not yet lost as the moneyline favorite this season, going 4-0.
- Penn State has played as a moneyline favorite of -6176 or shorter in just one game this season, which it won.
- Northwestern has covered the spread one time over four games with a set spread.
- This year, Northwestern games have hit the over just once.
- Northwestern won the only game it has played as the underdog this season.
- Northwestern has not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +1533.
Penn State vs. Northwestern: Over/Under Trends
- Penn State and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s over/under (52.5 points) times this season.
- This season, of Northwestern’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 52.5 points.
- The total for the game of 52.5 is 12.3 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Nittany Lions (38.8 points per game) and the Wildcats (26.0 points per game).
- These two teams surrender a combined 46.8 points per game, 5.7 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the Nittany Lions have seen a 54.4 over/under in their games this season, 1.9 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 1.9 points fewer than the average over/under in Wildcats’ games this season (54.4 points).
Penn State Players to Watch
- Sean Clifford has thrown for 890 yards (222.5 ypg) to lead Penn State, completing 64.1% of his passes and tossing eight touchdown passes and one interception this season. He’s also figured in the ground game with 63 rushing yards (15.8 ypg) on 24 carries with four rushing touchdowns.
- Nicholas Singleton’s team-high 367 rushing yards (91.8 per game) have come on 41 carries, with four touchdowns this year.
- This season Kaytron Allen has piled up 36 carries for 217 yards (54.3 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Parker Washington’s 212 receiving yards (53.0 yards per game) lead the team. He has 16 receptions.
- Brenton Strange has racked up 211 receiving yards (52.8 yards per game) and three touchdowns, hauling in 14 passes this year.
- Mitchell Tinsley has hauled in 17 grabs for 209 yards (52.3 ypg) and three touchdowns this season.
Northwestern Players to Watch
- Ryan Hilinski has thrown for 1,194 yards (298.5 ypg) to lead Northwestern, completing 62.3% of his passes and recording five touchdown passes and three interceptions this season.
- Evan Hull has carried the ball 85 times for a team-high 370 yards (92.5 per game), with three touchdowns this year. He has also caught 29 passes for 311 yards (77.8 per game) and one touchdown.
- This season Cam Porter has piled up 189 yards (47.3 per game) on 48 carries with two touchdowns.
- Malik Washington has totaled 305 receiving yards (76.3 yards per game) and one touchdown, hauling in 27 passes this year.
- Thomas Gordon’s 11 receptions this season have resulted in 146 yards (36.5 ypg).
Where To Watch Penn State vs. Northwestern
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.