The Iowa State Cyclones (3-1) take college football’s 10th-ranked run defense into a clash with the Kansas Jayhawks (4-0), with the No. 8 rushing attack, on Saturday, October 1, 2022. The Cyclones are 3-point favorites. The over/under is 58 in the contest.
Iowa State vs. Kansas Predictions
Iowa State vs. Kansas Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Iowa State vs. Kansas: Last 3 Games
- Iowa State has covered the spread twice, and is 2-1 overall, over its past three contests.
- In Iowa State’s past three games, it has hit the over twice.
- The Cyclones and their opponents have combined to score an average of 44.2 points over their last three games, 13.8 less than the 58 over/under in this matchup.
- In its last three contests, Kansas has covered the spread each time, and is 2-1 overall.
- In Kansas’ past three contests, it has hit the over twice.
- The Jayhawks and their opponents have combined to score an average of 61.2 combined points in their last three games, 3.2 more than the 58 over/under in this matchup.
Iowa State vs. Kansas Betting Trends
- Iowa State has covered the spread in a matchup two times this season (2-2-0).
- In games they have played as 3-point favorites or more, the Cyclones have an ATS record of 1-1.
- This season, Iowa State’s games have hit the over twice.
- Iowa State is 2-1 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 66.7% of those games).
- Iowa State has played as a moneyline favorite of -152 or shorter in just two games this season, and it won both.
- Kansas is a perfect 4-0-0 against the spread this season.
- In games it has played as 3-point underdogs or more, Kansas has a perfect ATS record of 2-0.
- Kansas’ games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under three times this year.
- Kansas has won both games it has played as underdogs this season.
- Kansas has entered two games this season as the underdog by +127 or more and won each of those games.
Iowa State vs. Kansas: Over/Under Trends
- None of Iowa State’s games this season have finished with a higher combined score than Saturday’s over/under of 58 points.
- This season, all of Kansas’ games have finished with a combined score higher than 58 points.
- The Cyclones average 29.8 points per game against the Jayhawks’ 48.5, amounting to 20.3 points over the contest’s point total of 58.
- The 41.8 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 16.2 fewer than the 58 over/under in this contest.
- The Cyclones have seen a 46.8 average over/under in their games this season, 11.2 points fewer than the over/under in this contest.
- Jayhawks’ games have a total points bet of 61.4 points this season, 3.4 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
Iowa State Players to Watch
- Hunter Dekkers leads Iowa State with 1,029 passing yards (257.3 ypg) on 101-of-141 passing with 10 touchdowns compared to five interceptions this season.
- Jirehl Brock has carried the ball 64 times for a team-high 353 yards (88.3 per game), with two touchdowns this year. He’s also tacked on 13 catches for 70 yards (17.5 per game) and one touchdown.
- This season Deon Silas has rushed for 81 yards (20.3 per game) on 17 carries with two touchdowns.
- Xavier Hutchinson’s 403 receiving yards (100.8 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s totaled 36 receptions and five touchdowns.
- Jaylin Noel has put together a 197-yard season so far (49.3 receiving yards per game), reeling in 19 passes.
- Sean Shaw Jr. has hauled in eight catches for 86 yards (21.5 ypg) and one touchdown this season.
Kansas Players to Watch
- Jalon Daniels has thrown for 890 yards (222.5 ypg) to lead Kansas, completing 71% of his passes and tossing 11 touchdown passes and one interception this season. He’s also run for 320 yards (80.0 ypg) on 38 carries with four rushing touchdowns.
- This season Devin Neal has racked up 37 carries for 258 yards (64.5 per game) and four touchdowns.
- Lawrence Arnold’s 194 receiving yards (48.5 yards per game) lead the team. He has 14 receptions with one touchdown.
- Luke Grimm has put up a 162-yard season so far (40.5 receiving yards per game) with two touchdowns, hauling in 15 passes.
- Quentin Skinner’s seven catches have netted him 124 yards (31.0 ypg) and one touchdown.
Where To Watch Iowa State vs. Kansas
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.