The Pittsburgh Pirates (55-96) bring an eight-game losing streak into a matchup versus the Chicago Cubs (66-85), at 6:35 PM ET on Saturday.
The Cubs are projected as a tight favorite (-110 moneyline odds) against the Pirates (-109). The starting pitchers are Wade Miley (1-1) for the Chicago Cubs, and Johan Oviedo (3-2) for the Pittsburgh Pirates. The game’s total is set at 7.5.
Cubs vs. Pirates Predictions
Cubs vs. Pirates Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Cubs vs. Pirates Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Chicago has a 1-2 record across the three games it was favored on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Cubs combined with their opponents to hit the over on the run total four times.
- Chicago has put together a 6-4-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- In eight games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by bookmakers, Pittsburgh has a record of 2-6.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Pirates and their opponents have combined to hit the over six times.
- Pittsburgh has four wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Cubs vs. Pirates Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Wade Miley
- The Cubs have a 4-3-0 record against the spread in Miley’s starts.
- The Cubs have a 3-1 record in Miley’s four starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- Miley’s team has a 3-4 record in his starts this season.
- Miley’s starts went over the run total five times in seven games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Johan Oviedo
- Oviedo’s team is 1-4-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- When he is the starting pitcher, Pittsburgh has a record of 1-4 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- Oviedo’s team is 1-4 when he starts this season.
- Out of Oviedo’s five starts with a total this season, two have hit the over.
Cubs Batting Leaders
- Ian Happ has collected a team-high 69 runs batted in.
- Happ ranks 78th in homers and 55th in RBI among all batters in baseball.
- Nico Hoerner’s .291 batting average paces his team.
- Hoerner ranks 193rd in homers and 143rd in RBI among batters in baseball.
- Hoerner enters this game on a six-game hitting streak. During his last 10 games he is hitting .314 with three doubles, two triples, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Patrick Wisdom paces the Cubs with 24 home runs.
- Wisdom has safely hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is batting .143 with two home runs, a walk and three RBI.
- Christopher Morel is hitting .236 with 17 doubles, four triples, 14 home runs and 36 walks.
Pirates Batting Leaders
- Bryan Reynolds leads Pittsburgh in home runs with 25, runs batted in with 59 and his batting average of .265 is also best on his team.
- Reynolds is 32nd in home runs and 86th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Reynolds takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .474 with two doubles, two home runs, three walks and five RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is batting .243 with an OBP of .314 and a slugging percentage of .348 this season.
- Hayes ranks 233rd overall in home runs and 196th in RBI this year.
- Ben Gamel has 81 hits this season and a slash line of .230/.320/.364.
- Michael Chavis has 92 hits and an OBP of .265 to go with a slugging percentage of .392 this season.
Where To Watch Cubs vs. Pirates
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.