The Oakland Athletics (54-94) host the Seattle Mariners (81-66) at 9:40 PM ET on Wednesday.
The Mariners are favored (-212 on the moneyline) when they visit the Athletics (+177). The scheduled starters are Robbie Ray (12-10) for the Seattle Mariners, and James Kaprielian (3-9) for the Oakland Athletics. The matchup has an over/under of 7 total runs.
Mariners vs. Athletics Predictions
Mariners vs. Athletics Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Mariners vs. Athletics Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Seattle went 2-3 across the five games it was favored on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Mariners and their opponents combined to hit the over four times (all 10 of the games had set totals).
- Seattle’s ATS record is 5-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- In 10 games over the last 10 matchups when set as the underdog by sportsbooks, Oakland has a record of 4-6.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Athletics and their opponents have combined to hit the over seven times.
- Oakland is 5-5-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Mariners vs. Athletics Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Robbie Ray
- When Ray starts, the Mariners have gone 15-14-0 against the spread.
- The Mariners have an 11-5 record in Ray’s 16 starts this season when they were the moneyline favorite.
- Ray’s team has won 17 of his 29 starts.
- Ray has had 29 starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and 15 of those outings finished over the total.
Projected starter: James Kaprielian
- Kaprielian’s team is 14-9-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- His team has been victorious in 47.6% of the games he’s started as the moneyline underdog with a record of 10-11.
- Kaprielian’s team is 11-12 when he starts this season.
- In games Kaprielian has started this season, the teams are 10-10-3 at hitting the over.
Mariners Batting Leaders
- Julio Rodriguez leads the Mariners with a team-best batting average of .275.
- Rodriguez’s home runs rank 25th in MLB and he ranks 44th in RBI in MLB.
- Ty France has 24 doubles, 20 home runs and 32 walks while batting .272.
- France ranks 57th in home runs and 36th in RBI among hitters in MLB action.
- J.P. Crawford has 24 doubles, three triples, six home runs and 58 walks while batting .252.
- Carlos Santana is hitting .201 with 16 doubles, 19 home runs and 64 walks.
- Santana enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .286 with a double, four home runs, a walk and eight RBI.
Athletics Batting Leaders
- Sean Murphy leads Oakland in batting average (.253) and runs batted in (66) this season while also slugging 18 homers.
- In all of MLB, Murphy is 70th in homers and 62nd in RBI.
- Tony Kemp is batting .238 with an OBP of .312 and a slugging percentage of .341 this season.
- Kemp ranks 229th in home runs and 173rd in RBI among all hitters in the major leagues.
- Kemp has hit safely in three straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .300 with a triple, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Seth Brown is slugging .446 this season, with a team-high 23 home runs. He’s also collected 62 RBI.
- Chad Pinder has collected 78 hits this season and has an OBP of .259. He’s slugging .389 on the year.
Where To Watch Mariners vs. Athletics
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.