The West Virginia Mountaineers (1-2) play the Virginia Tech Hokies (2-1) on Thursday, September 22, 2022 at Lane Stadium. The line forecasts a close game, with the Mountaineers favored by 2.5 points. The over/under for the outing is 53 points.
West Virginia vs. Virginia Tech Predictions
West Virginia vs. Virginia Tech Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
West Virginia vs. Virginia Tech Betting Trends
- West Virginia has covered the spread in a game two times this season (2-1-0).
- The Mountaineers have an ATS record of 1-1 when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites.
- This season, each one of West Virginia’s games has hit the over.
- West Virginia has been listed as the moneyline favorite only one other time so far this season, a game they lost.
- West Virginia has played as a moneyline favorite of -146 or shorter in only one game this season, which it lost.
- Virginia Tech has covered the spread in a matchup one time this year (1-2-0).
- Games involving Virginia Tech have yet to hit the over once this year.
- This is the first time Virginia Tech will play as an underdog this season.
- Virginia Tech has not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +122 odds on them winning this game.
West Virginia vs. Virginia Tech: Over/Under Trends
- All of West Virginia’s games this season have exceeded Thursday’s over/under of 53 points.
- Virginia Tech has not finished a game this season with a combined score over 53 points.
- The Mountaineers average 46 points per game against the Hokies’ 23.7, amounting to 16.7 points over the game’s total of 53.
- These two teams surrender a combined 45.6 points per game, 7.4 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the Mountaineers have seen a 56.2 over/under in their games this season, 3.2 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this game is 6.8 points more than the average over/under in Hokies’ games this season (46.2 points).
West Virginia Players to Watch
- JT Daniels has thrown for 743 yards (247.7 ypg) to lead West Virginia, completing 65% of his passes and collecting six touchdown passes and two interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, CJ Donaldson, has carried the ball 29 times for 274 yards (91.3 per game), with six touchdowns this year.
- This season Tony Mathis has piled up 49 carries for 234 yards (78 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Bryce Ford-Wheaton’s 296 receiving yards (98.7 yards per game) lead the team. He has 24 receptions with four touchdowns.
- Sam James has caught 11 passes for 194 yards (64.7 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- Kaden Prather’s 14 grabs are good enough for 151 yards (50.3 ypg) and one touchdown.
Virginia Tech Players to Watch
- Grant Wells has 647 passing yards (215.7 ypg) to lead Virginia Tech, completing 65.6% of his passes and throwing four touchdown passes and four interceptions this season. He’s also chipped in on the ground with 66 rushing yards (22 ypg) on 20 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- Keshawn King has carried the ball 23 times for a team-high 175 yards (58.3 per game), with one touchdown this year.
- This season Jalen Holston has rushed for 126 yards (42 per game) on 41 carries with two touchdowns.
- Kaleb Smith’s 131 receiving yards (43.7 yards per game) lead the team. He has eight receptions with one touchdown.
- Nick Gallo has totaled 102 receiving yards (34 yards per game), hauling in 13 passes this year.
- Stephen Gosnell’s six receptions have netted him 97 yards (32.3 ypg).
Where To Watch West Virginia vs. Virginia Tech
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.