A pair of Big Ten teams meet when the Iowa Hawkeyes (2-1) take on the Rutgers Scarlet Knights (3-0) on Saturday, September 24, 2022 at SHI Stadium. The Hawkeyes are favored by 7.5 points. An over/under of 35.5 points has been set for the outing.
Iowa vs. Rutgers Predictions
Iowa vs. Rutgers Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Iowa vs. Rutgers Betting Trends
- Iowa has covered the spread one time this season (1-2-0).
- In games they have played as 7.5-point favorites or more, the Hawkeyes have an ATS record of 1-1.
- This season, Iowa’s games have yet to hit the over once.
- Iowa has won 66.7% of the games this season when it was the moneyline favorite (2-1).
- Iowa has played as a moneyline favorite of -321 or shorter in only two games this season, and it won both.
- Rutgers has covered the spread two times this season (2-1-0).
- Rutgers is a perfect 1-0 ATS when playing as at least 7.5-point underdogs.
- This season, Rutgers games have hit the over just once.
- Rutgers won the only game it has played as the underdog this season.
- Rutgers has been at least a +248 moneyline underdog two times this season and won each of those games.
Iowa vs. Rutgers: Over/Under Trends
- Iowa and its opponents have not combined to go over Saturday’s total of 35.5 points this season.
- There have been two games featuring Rutgers this season with more combined scoring than Saturday’s total of 35.5.
- Together, the two teams combine for 48.4 points per game, 12.9 points more than the total of 35.5 for this matchup.
- These two teams surrender a combined 18.3 points per game, 17.2 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- This season, the average total for Hawkeyes games is 40.2 points, 4.7 more than the over/under of 35.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 13.0 points fewer than the average over/under in Scarlet Knights’ games this season (48.5 points).
Iowa Players to Watch
- Spencer Petras has 376 passing yards (125.3 ypg) to lead Iowa, completing 48.1% of his passes and collecting one touchdown pass and two interceptions this season.
- Kaleb Johnson’s team-high 116 rushing yards (38.7 per game) have come on 14 carries, with two touchdowns this year.
- This season Leshon Williams has piled up 38 carries for 106 yards (35.3 per game) and one touchdown.
- Arland Bruce IV’s 127 receiving yards (42.3 yards per game) lead the team. He has nine receptions with one touchdown.
- Sam LaPorta has recorded 77 receiving yards (25.7 yards per game), reeling in 12 passes this year.
- Nico Ragaini’s two receptions are good enough for 56 yards (18.7 ypg).
Rutgers Players to Watch
- Kyle Monangai has carried the ball 36 times for a team-high 146 yards (48.7 per game), with two touchdowns this year.
- This season Al-Shadee Salaam has taken 21 carries for 137 yards (45.7 per game) and two touchdowns, while also catching four passes for 47 yards (15.7 per game).
- Aron Cruickshank’s 101 receiving yards (33.7 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s totaled 11 receptions and one touchdown.
- Joshua Youngblood has hauled in five passes for 56 yards (18.7 yards per game) this year.
Where To Watch Iowa vs. Rutgers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.