The Georgia Southern Eagles (2-1) play the Ball State Cardinals (1-2) on Saturday, September 24, 2022 at Allen E. Paulson Stadium. The Eagles are significant favorites in this one, with the spread posted at 8 points. The over/under in this contest is 61.5 points.
Georgia Southern vs. Ball State Predictions
Georgia Southern vs. Ball State Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Georgia Southern vs. Ball State Betting Trends
- Georgia Southern is 2-1-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 8-point favorites or more, the Eagles have a perfect ATS record of 1-0.
- Games involving Georgia Southern have hit the over twice this season.
- Georgia Southern is the moneyline favorite in its first game this season.
- Georgia Southern has yet to play a game with moneyline odds of -313 or shorter.
- Ball State has covered the spread once in three games with a set spread.
- Ball State is winless against the spread when it is 8-point underdogs or more (0-1).
- Ball State games have gone over the total twice this year.
- Ball State has lost both games it has played as underdogs this season.
- Ball State has played as an underdog of +246 or more once this season and lost that game.
Georgia Southern vs. Ball State: Over/Under Trends
- This season, Georgia Southern games have seen a combined score higher than this game’s 61.5-point over/under twice.
- There have been two games featuring Ball State this season with more combined scoring than Saturday’s total of 61.5.
- The Eagles average 41.7 points per game against the Cardinals’ 23.7, totaling 3.9 points over the game’s total of 61.5.
- This game’s point total is 1.5 fewer points than the 60 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2022.
- On average, the over/under in Eagles games is 3.2 points fewer than the over/under of 61.5 points in this matchup.
- Cardinals games have an over/under of 57.0 points this season, 4.5 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
Georgia Southern Players to Watch
- Kyle Vantrease leads Georgia Southern with 980 passing yards (326.7 ypg) on 90-of-152 passing with six touchdowns compared to six interceptions this season. He also adds 35 rushing yards (11.7 ypg) on seven carries while scoring one touchdown on the ground.
- Jalen White’s team-high 236 rushing yards (78.7 per game) have come on 41 carries, with six touchdowns this year. He’s also tacked on five catches for 60 yards (20.0 per game).
- This season Gerald Green has rushed for 222 yards (74.0 per game) on 31 carries with three touchdowns.
- Khaleb Hood’s 208 receiving yards (69.3 yards per game) lead the team. He has 19 receptions with one touchdown.
- Derwin Burgess Jr. has caught 20 passes for 200 yards (66.7 yards per game) and two touchdowns this year.
- Jeremy Singleton’s 18 receptions have turned into 184 yards (61.3 ypg) and one touchdown.
Ball State Players to Watch
- John Paddock has 777 passing yards (259.0 ypg) to lead Ball State, completing 60.6% of his passes and recording six touchdown passes and three interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Carson Steele, has carried the ball 62 times for 325 yards (108.3 per game), with two touchdowns this year.
- This season Rico Barfield has rushed for 60 yards (20.0 per game) on 15 carries.
- Jayshon Jackson’s team-leading 209 receiving yards (69.7 yards per game) have come on 18 receptions with one touchdown.
- Yo’Heinz Tyler has caught 14 passes for 139 yards (46.3 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- Amir Abdur-Rahman’s 13 catches have netted him 136 yards (45.3 ypg) and one touchdown.
Where To Watch Georgia Southern vs. Ball State
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.