The UTEP Miners (1-3) will look to upset the Boise State Broncos (2-1) on Friday, September 23, 2022 at the Sun Bowl Stadium. The Broncos are heavy favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 16 points. The over/under in this contest is 46.5 points.
Boise State vs. UTEP Predictions
Boise State vs. UTEP Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Boise State vs. UTEP Betting Trends
- Boise State has not covered the spread yet this season (0-2-1).
- The Broncos are winless against the spread when they have played as 16-point favorites or more (0-1-1).
- Boise State’s games have gone over the total once this season.
- Boise State has been the moneyline favorite only two other times so far this season, and they won both of the games.
- Boise State has played as a moneyline favorite of -802 or shorter in just two games this season, and it won both.
- UTEP is winless against the spread this season (0-4-0).
- UTEP has yet to cover the spread when it is at least 16-point underdogs (0-1).
- Games involving UTEP have yet to hit the over once this season.
- UTEP has lost both games it has played as underdogs this season.
- UTEP has played as an underdog of +546 or more once this season and lost that game.
Boise State vs. UTEP: Over/Under Trends
- Boise State and its opponents have combined to score more than 46.5 points in a game once this season.
- This season, UTEP has played just one game with a combined score over 46.5 points.
- The Broncos average 26 points per game against the Miners’ 14, totaling 6.5 points under the matchup’s over/under of 46.5.
- This matchup’s total is 0.8 fewer points than the 47.3 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2022.
- On average, the Broncos have seen a 50.8 over/under in their games this season, 4.3 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this matchup is 2.3 points fewer than the average over/under in Miners’ games this season (48.8 points).
Boise State Players to Watch
- Hank Bachmeier has 404 passing yards (134.7 ypg) to lead Boise State, completing 63.3% of his passes and tossing five touchdown passes and three interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, George Holani, has carried the ball 57 times for 186 yards (62 per game), with one touchdown this year. He’s proven to be a dual threat, hauling in 96 receiving yards (32 per game) on 11 catches with two receiving touchdowns.
- This season Ashton Jeanty has rushed for 116 yards (38.7 per game) on 26 carries, while also checking in with 79 yards (26.3 per game) on eight catches.
- LaTrell Caples has put up a 93-yard season so far (31 receiving yards per game) with two touchdowns, hauling in 10 passes.
UTEP Players to Watch
- Gavin Hardison has thrown for 902 yards (225.5 ypg) to lead UTEP, completing 49.4% of his passes and recording two touchdown passes and three interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Ronald Awatt, has carried the ball 51 times for 225 yards (56.3 per game), with two touchdowns this year.
- This season Deion Hankins has rushed for 79 yards (19.8 per game) on 25 carries with one touchdown.
- Tyrin Smith’s 345 receiving yards (86.3 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s collected 28 receptions and two touchdowns.
- Reynaldo Flores has collected 277 receiving yards (69.3 yards per game), hauling in 22 passes this year.
- Kelly Akharaiyi’s 10 catches this season have resulted in 92 yards (23 ypg).
Where To Watch Boise State vs. UTEP
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.