Garrett Cooper will try to get his 100th hit (he has 99) when the Miami Marlins (58-85) take on the Philadelphia Phillies (80-62) at 6:40 PM ET on Thursday.
The Marlins are an underdog (+117 on the moneyline to win) when they takes the field at home against the Phillies (-138). The scheduled starters are Noah Syndergaard (9-9) for the Philadelphia Phillies, and Pablo Lopez (8-10) for the Miami Marlins. The total in the game is set at 7.5 total runs.
Phillies vs. Marlins Predictions
Phillies vs. Marlins Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Phillies vs. Marlins Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Philadelphia was favored on the moneyline in eight of its last 10 games, and went 6-2 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Phillies combined with their opponents to go over the total five times.
- Philadelphia has a 5-5-0 record against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Miami has played as the underdog in eight of its past 10 games and has gone 3-5 in those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Marlins and their opponents have failed to hit the over five times.
- Over its last 10 games, Miami is 5-5-0 against the spread.
Phillies vs. Marlins Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Noah Syndergaard
- The Phillies are 8-14-0 against the spread when Syndergaard starts.
- The Phillies are 10-7 in Syndergaard’s 17 starts this season with Philadelphia as the moneyline favorite.
- Syndergaard’s team has a 10-12 record in his starts this season.
- Syndergaard’s starts went over the run total six times in 22 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Pablo López
- When Lopez starts, his team is 12-16-0 against the spread this season.
- When he starts a game and his team is the underdog on the moneyline, they have a record of 4-10.
- Lopez’s team has won 13 of his 28 starts.
- In Lopez’s 28 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over 17 times.
Phillies Batting Leaders
- Rhys Hoskins has 27 doubles, two triples, 28 home runs and 66 walks while hitting .250.
- In baseball, Hoskins ranks 16th in homers and 40th in RBI.
- Kyle Schwarber has hit 37 home runs with 79 runs batted in. Both lead his team.
- Among all MLB hitters, Schwarber ranks second in homers and 25th in RBI.
- J.T. Realmuto is hitting .273 with 23 doubles, five triples, 18 home runs and 40 walks.
- Alec Bohm is hitting .289 to lead his team.
Marlins Batting Leaders
- Miguel Rojas leads Miami in batting average (.235) this season while adding six home runs and 32 RBI.
- Rojas is 246th in homers and 231st in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Rojas has safely hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .286 with .
- Cooper leads Miami in runs batted in with 48 while batting .256 with eight homers.
- Cooper ranks 201st in homers and 135th in RBI among all MLB batters this year.
- Jon Berti has 72 hits this season and a slash line of .250/.336/.347.
- Joey Wendle has 81 hits and an OBP of .299 to go with a slugging percentage of .369 this season.
Where To Watch Phillies vs. Marlins
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.