Christian Vazquez has 99 hits, and will try to collect his 100th when the Houston Astros (92-50) square off against the Detroit Tigers (53-88) on Wednesday at 1:10 PM ET.
The Astros are heavily favored (-269 moneyline odds) when they visit the Tigers (+220). The Astros will start Cristian Javier (8-9) against the Tigers and Joey Wentz (1-1). The contest has a set total of 8.
Astros vs. Tigers Predictions
Astros vs. Tigers Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Astros vs. Tigers Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Houston went 7-2 over the nine games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Astros and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total three times (all 10 games had set totals).
- Houston has gone 5-5-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Detroit has played as the underdog in eight of its past 10 games and won three of those contests.
- The Tigers and their opponents have combined to hit the over six times in their last 10 games with a total.
- Detroit has won four of its last 10 games against the spread.
Astros vs. Tigers Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Cristian Javier
- When Javier starts, the Astros are 7-14-0 against the spread.
- The Astros have been the moneyline favorite in 18 of Javier’s starts this season, and they went 10-8 in those matchups.
- Javier’s team has won 11 of his 21 starts.
- Javier has had 21 starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and eight of those outings finished over the total.
Projected starter: Joey Wentz
- When Wentz starts, his team is 2-1-0 against the spread this season.
- His team is 2-0 this season when he starts and they’re underdogs on the moneyline.
- Wentz’s team has won two of his three starts.
- Games Wentz has started this season hit the over two times in three chances.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Alex Bregman is batting .268 with 35 doubles, 21 home runs and 81 walks.
- Among all batters in MLB action, Bregman’s home run total ranks 45th and his RBI tally ranks 18th.
- Bregman has hit safely in four games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .294 with a double, a home run, five walks and six RBI.
- Yordan Alvarez has hit 33 home runs while hitting .295. Both pace his team.
- Among all MLB batters, Alvarez ranks ninth in home runs and 18th in RBI.
- Alvarez has hit safely in five straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .438 with three doubles, two home runs, six walks and two RBI.
- Kyle Tucker has accumulated a team-high 95 runs batted in.
- Tucker takes a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .182 with a double, two home runs, a walk and seven RBI.
- Jose Altuve is hitting .291 with 33 doubles, 24 home runs and 57 walks.
- Altuve has safely hit in four straight games. In his last five games he is batting .364 with .
Tigers Batting Leaders
- Javier Baez leads Detroit in batting average (.231) and runs batted in (55) this season while also slugging 12 homers.
- Baez’s home run total ranks 135th in the big leagues, and he is 92nd in RBI.
- Baez brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .250 with a double, a triple and three RBI.
- Harold Castro is batting .270 with an OBP of .301 and a slugging percentage of .381 this season.
- Castro currently ranks 246th in homers and 175th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Jeimer Candelario leads Detroit in home runs with 13. He’s driven in 45 runs and is slugging .354.
- Willi Castro has 82 hits and an OBP of .284 to go with a slugging percentage of .358 this season.
- Willi Castro has hit safely in five straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .217 with two doubles and two RBI.
Where To Watch Astros vs. Tigers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.