The Cincinnati Reds (56-83) hope to break their three-game losing run against the Pittsburgh Pirates (52-88), at 12:35 PM ET on Tuesday.
The Pirates are favored (-120 moneyline odds) when they visit the Reds (+103). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Pittsburgh Pirates looking to Johan Oviedo (2-2), and Luis Cessa (3-2) taking the ball for the Cincinnati Reds. The over/under for the game is 7 total runs.
Pirates vs. Reds Predictions
Pirates vs. Reds Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Pirates vs. Reds Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- In the last 10 games, Pittsburgh has not been listed as the moneyline favorite by oddsmakers.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Pirates combined with their opponents to go over the total four times.
- Pittsburgh is 5-5-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- Cincinnati has played as the underdog in six of its past 10 games and won three of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Reds and their opponents are 5-3-2 when it comes to hitting the over.
- Cincinnati has a record of 5-5-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Pirates vs. Reds Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Johan Oviedo
- The Pirates did not cover any of Oviedo’s three starts that had a set spread.
- The Pirates have not been a moneyline favorite when Oviedo starts this season.
- Oviedo’s team has dropped all three of his starts this season.
- Oviedo has had three starts with a total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in one of those outings.
Projected starter: Luis Cessa
- Cessa and his team are 2-3-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- His team is 2-2 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline underdog.
- Cessa’s team is 3-2 when he starts this season.
- Out of Cessa’s five starts with a total this season, one has hit the over.
Pirates Batting Leaders
- Bryan Reynolds paces the Pirates with 22 home runs and 52 runs batted in, while accumulating a team-high batting average of .256.
- In MLB action, Reynolds ranks 40th in home runs and 106th in RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes is batting .244 with 20 doubles, three triples, six home runs and 43 walks.
- Hayes ranks 246th in home runs and 204th in RBI this season.
- Hayes takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .278 with two walks.
- Ben Gamel is batting .233 with 18 doubles, two triples, eight home runs and 39 walks.
- Michael Chavis is hitting .234 with 14 doubles, three triples, 14 home runs and 17 walks.
Reds Batting Leaders
- Kyle Farmer leads Cincinnati in batting average (.264) and runs batted in (64) this season while also slugging 10 homers.
- In all of MLB, Farmer is 168th in home runs and 60th in RBI.
- Jonathan India has 83 hits and an OBP of .330 to go with a slugging percentage of .412 this season.
- India currently ranks 168th in home runs and 211th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Nick Senzel has collected 81 base hits, an OBP of .303 and a slugging percentage of .307 this season.
- Jake Fraley has collected 40 hits this season and has an OBP of .341. He’s slugging .484 on the year.
Where To Watch Pirates vs. Reds
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.