The Temple Owls (1-1) will look to upset the Rutgers Scarlet Knights (2-0) on Saturday, September 17, 2022 at Lincoln Financial Field. The Scarlet Knights are undoubtedly the favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 17 points. An over/under of 44.5 points has been set for the outing.
Rutgers vs. Temple Predictions
Rutgers vs. Temple Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Rutgers vs. Temple Betting Trends
- Rutgers has covered in each of the two opportunities it has had with a set spread this season (2-0-0).
- In games they have played as 17-point favorites or more, the Scarlet Knights have a perfect ATS record of 1-0.
- Rutgers’ games have gone over the total once this season.
- Rutgers is playing as the moneyline favorite in its first game this season.
- Rutgers has not played a game this season with moneyline odds of -1047 or shorter.
- Temple has gone 1-1-0 against the spread this season.
- Games involving Temple has hit the over once this season.
- Temple lost the only game it has played as the underdog this season.
- Temple has not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +650 odds on them winning this game.
Rutgers vs. Temple: Over/Under Trends
- The total for the contest of 44.5 is 14.5 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Scarlet Knights (44.0 points per game) and the Owls (15.0 points per game).
- This game’s total is 8.5 fewer points than the 36 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2022.
- This season, the average total for Scarlet Knights games is 51.5 points, 7.0 more than the over/under of 44.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 1.0 point separates the average total points bet in Owls’ games (45.5 points) and this game’s over/under (44.5 points).
Rutgers Players to Watch
- Kyle Monangai’s team-high 136 rushing yards (68.0 per game) have come on 29 carries, with two touchdowns this year.
- This season Al-Shadee Salaam has rushed for 122 yards (61.0 per game) on 13 carries with two touchdowns, while also hauling in 43 yards (21.5 per game) on three catches.
- Aron Cruickshank’s team-leading 83 receiving yards (41.5 yards per game) have come on six receptions with one touchdown.
- Joshua Youngblood has totaled 56 receiving yards (28.0 yards per game), hauling in five passes this year.
Temple Players to Watch
- Edward Saydee’s team-high 71 rushing yards (35.5 per game) have come on 19 carries, with one touchdown this year.
- This season Darvon Hubbard has racked up 65 yards (32.5 per game) on 12 carries with one touchdown.
- Jose Barbon’s 163 receiving yards (81.5 yards per game) lead the team. He has 13 receptions.
- Adonicas Sanders has put together a 45-yard season so far (22.5 receiving yards per game), hauling in five passes.
- Amad Anderson Jr.’s four receptions have netted him 41 yards (20.5 ypg).
Where To Watch Rutgers vs. Temple
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.