The California Golden Bears (2-0) will look to upset the Notre Dame Fighting Irish (0-2) on Saturday, September 17, 2022 at Notre Dame Stadium. The Fighting Irish are significant favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 12 points. The over/under is set at 43.5 in the outing.
Notre Dame vs. Cal Predictions
Notre Dame vs. Cal Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Notre Dame vs. Cal Betting Trends
- Notre Dame has gone 1-1-0 against the spread this season.
- The Fighting Irish are winless against the spread when they are 12-point favorites or more (0-1).
- Notre Dame has been listed as the moneyline favorite just one other time so far this season, a game they lost.
- Notre Dame has played as a moneyline favorite of -484 or shorter in just one game this season, which it lost.
- Cal has put together a record of 1-1-0 against the spread this season.
- Cal games have gone over the total once this year.
- This is the first time Cal will play as an underdog this season.
- Cal has not entered a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +367.
Notre Dame vs. Cal: Over/Under Trends
- Together, the two teams combine for 42.5 points per game, 1.0 point fewer than the point total of 43.5 for this contest.
- This matchup’s over/under is 6.5 fewer points than the 37 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2022.
- This season, the average total for Fighting Irish games is 53.3 points, 9.8 more than the over/under of 43.5 points for this contest.
- Golden Bears’ games have a total points bet of 46.8 points this season, 3.3 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
Notre Dame Players to Watch
- This season Audric Estime has piled up 19 carries for 54 yards (27.0 per game) and one touchdown.
- Michael Mayer’s team-leading 135 receiving yards (67.5 yards per game) have come on 13 receptions with one touchdown.
- Lorenzo Styles Jr. has put up a 123-yard season so far (61.5 receiving yards per game), hauling in eight passes.
- Kevin Bauman has hauled in three receptions for 44 yards (22.0 ypg) this season.
Cal Players to Watch
- Jack Plummer has thrown for 546 yards (273.0 ypg) to lead Cal, completing 68.9% of his passes and recording four touchdown passes and two interceptions this season.
- Jaydn Ott has carried the ball 24 times for a team-high 156 yards (78.0 per game), with one touchdown this year. He’s also tacked on five catches for 42 yards (21.0 per game) and two touchdowns.
- This season DeCarlos Brooks has collected 57 yards (28.5 per game) on 18 carries.
- Jeremiah Hunter’s team-leading 157 receiving yards (78.5 yards per game) have come on 11 receptions with one touchdown.
- J.Michael Sturdivant has put up a 104-yard season so far (52.0 receiving yards per game), reeling in 10 passes.
- Mavin Anderson’s seven grabs this season have resulted in 60 yards (30.0 ypg) and one touchdown.
Where To Watch Notre Dame vs. Cal
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.