The Northern Illinois Huskies (1-1) face the Vanderbilt Commodores (2-1) on Saturday, September 17, 2022 at Brigham Field at Huskie Stadium. The spread foreshadows a close game, with the Huskies favored by 1.5 points. The over/under in this outing is 61.5 points.
Northern Illinois vs. Vanderbilt Predictions
Northern Illinois vs. Vanderbilt Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Northern Illinois vs. Vanderbilt Betting Trends
- Northern Illinois has covered the spread one time this season (1-1-0).
- The Huskies are winless against the spread when they have played as 1.5-point favorites or more (0-1).
- All of Northern Illinois’ games have gone over the total this season.
- Northern Illinois has been the moneyline favorite only one other time so far this season, a game they won.
- Northern Illinois has played as a moneyline favorite of -122 or shorter in only one game this season, which it won.
- Vanderbilt has covered the spread one time over three games with a set spread.
- Vanderbilt is winless against the spread when it’s 1.5-point underdogs or more (0-1).
- Every game involving Vanderbilt has hit the over so far this season.
- Vanderbilt lost the only game it has played as the underdog this season.
- Vanderbilt has played as an underdog of +101 or more once this season and lost that game.
Northern Illinois vs. Vanderbilt: Over/Under Trends
- This season, all of Vanderbilt’s games have finished with a combined score higher than 61.5 points.
- The Huskies average 34.5 points per game against the Commodores’ 43.3, totaling 16.3 points over the contest’s over/under of 61.5.
- The 61.2 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 0.3 fewer than the 61.5 over/under in this contest.
- This season the average total for Huskies games is 59.3 points, 2.2 fewer than the over/under of 61.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 4.5 points more than the average over/under in Commodores’ games this season (57.0 points).
Northern Illinois Players to Watch
- Rocky Lombardi has thrown for 451 yards (225.5 ypg) to lead Northern Illinois, completing 60.4% of his passes and recording four touchdown passes and one interception this season.
- Antario Brown has carried the ball 33 times for a team-high 143 yards (71.5 per game), with two touchdowns this year.
- This season Harrison Waylee has taken 19 carries for 100 yards (50.0 per game) and one touchdown.
- Cole Tucker’s 190 receiving yards (95.0 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s collected 11 receptions and one touchdown.
- Shemar Thornton has reeled in eight passes for 112 yards (56.0 yards per game) this year.
- Kacper Rutkiewicz has hauled in three catches for 45 yards (22.5 ypg) and two touchdowns this season.
Vanderbilt Players to Watch
- Michael Wright leads Vanderbilt with 426 passing yards (142.0 ypg) on 39-of-65 passing with six touchdowns and one interception this season. He also has 264 rushing yards (88.0 ypg) on 32 carries while scoring four touchdowns on the ground.
- Re’Mahn Davis’ team-high 269 rushing yards (89.7 per game) have come on 47 carries, with two touchdowns this year. He’s also tacked on nine catches for 46 yards (15.3 per game) and one touchdown.
- Jayden McGowan’s 201 receiving yards (67.0 yards per game) lead the team. He has 12 receptions with one touchdown.
- Will Sheppard has put up a 142-yard season so far (47.3 receiving yards per game) with five touchdowns, reeling in 13 passes.
- Devin Boddie Jr.’s three catches have netted him 61 yards (20.3 ypg).
Where To Watch Northern Illinois vs. Vanderbilt
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.