The Rice Owls (1-1) will look to upset the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns (2-0) on Saturday, September 17, 2022 at Rice Stadium. The Ragin’ Cajuns are considerable favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 11.5 points. The over/under is 53 in the outing.
Louisiana vs. Rice Predictions
Louisiana vs. Rice Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Louisiana vs. Rice Betting Trends
- Louisiana has covered in each of the two opportunities it has had with a set spread this season (2-0-0).
- The Ragin’ Cajuns are a perfect 1-0 ATS when playing as at least 11.5-point favorites.
- Games involving Louisiana have hit the over once this season.
- Louisiana has been listed as the moneyline favorite only two other times so far this season, and they won both of the games.
- Louisiana has played as a moneyline favorite of -450 or shorter in just one game this season, which it won.
- Rice has gone 1-1-0 against the spread this season.
- Rice has yet to cover the spread (0-1) when playing as at least 11.5-point underdogs.
- All Rice games have gone over the total this season.
- Rice lost the only game it has played as the underdog this season.
- Rice has played as an underdog of +337 or more once this season and lost that game.
Louisiana vs. Rice: Over/Under Trends
- The total for the matchup of 53 is 16.5 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Ragin’ Cajuns (36.5 points per game) and the Owls (33 points per game).
- The 52 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are one fewer than the 53 total in this contest.
- On average, the Ragin’ Cajuns have seen a 58.5 over/under in their games this season, 5.5 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- Owls’ games have a total points bet of 57 points this season, four points more than the over/under for this game.
Louisiana Players to Watch
- The team’s top rusher, Terrence Williams, has carried the ball 19 times for 91 yards (45.5 per game) this year.
- This season Chris Smith has rushed for 74 yards (37 per game) on 18 carries with one touchdown.
- John Stephens Jr.’s 103 receiving yards (51.5 yards per game) lead the team. He has three receptions with one touchdown.
- Michael Jefferson has hauled in seven passes for 101 yards (50.5 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- Johnny Lumpkin’s six grabs have netted him 73 yards (36.5 ypg) and three touchdowns.
Rice Players to Watch
- Cameron Montgomery has carried the ball 10 times for a team-high 100 yards (50 per game) this year.
- This season Ari Broussard has piled up 32 carries for 96 yards (48 per game) and three touchdowns, while also catching three passes for 36 yards (18 per game).
- Bradley Rozner’s 107 receiving yards (53.5 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s collected four receptions and two touchdowns.
- Luke McCaffrey has totaled 97 receiving yards (48.5 yards per game), reeling in nine passes this year.
- Isaiah Esdale’s eight receptions this season have resulted in 91 yards (45.5 ypg).
Where To Watch Louisiana vs. Rice
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.