The Kansas Jayhawks (2-0) will look to upset the Houston Cougars (1-1) on Saturday, September 17, 2022 at John O’Quinn Field at TDECU Stadium. The Cougars are notable favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 9.5 points. The over/under in this contest is 62.5 points.
Houston vs. Kansas Predictions
Houston vs. Kansas Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Houston vs. Kansas Betting Trends
- Houston has covered the spread once over two games with a set spread.
- Houston’s games have gone over the total twice this season.
- Houston has been the moneyline favorite only one other time so far this season, a game they won.
- Houston has not yet played a game with moneyline odds of -352 or shorter.
- Kansas has covered the spread in a matchup two times this season (2-0-0).
- Kansas has a perfect 1-0 ATS record when playing as at least 9.5-point underdogs.
- Every game involving Kansas has hit the over so far this season.
- Kansas won the only game it has played as the underdog this season.
- Kansas has played as an underdog of +272 or more once this season and won that game.
Houston vs. Kansas: Over/Under Trends
- The total for the matchup of 62.5 is 26.5 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Cougars (33.5 points per game) and the Jayhawks (55.5 points per game).
- The 60 points per game these two teams surrender to opponents on average this season are 2.5 fewer than the 62.5 over/under in this contest.
- On average, the over/under in Cougars games is 0.5 points fewer than the over/under of 62.5 points in this contest.
- A difference of 1.7 points separates this matchup’s over/under (62.5 points) and the average total points bet in Jayhawks’ games (60.8 points) this season.
Houston Players to Watch
- Clayton Tune has been a dual threat to lead Houston in both passing and rushing. He has 472 passing yards (236.0 ypg), completing 59.2% of his passes and tossing four touchdown passes and one interception this season. He’s rushed for 49 yards (24.5 ypg) on 21 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- The team’s top rusher, Brandon Campbell, has carried the ball 31 times for 129 yards (64.5 per game), with one touchdown this year. He’s proven to be a dual threat, racking up 64 receiving yards (32.0 per game) on six catches.
- Nathaniel Dell’s team-high 170 receiving yards (85.0 yards per game) have come on 12 receptions with two touchdowns.
- Matthew Golden has put together a 71-yard season so far (35.5 receiving yards per game) with one touchdown, hauling in four passes.
Kansas Players to Watch
- Devin Neal has carried the ball 14 times for a team-high 150 yards (75.0 per game), with four touchdowns this year.
- This season Daniel Hishaw Jr. has collected 119 yards (59.5 per game) on 15 carries with three touchdowns.
- Quentin Skinner’s team-high 106 receiving yards (53.0 yards per game) have come on four receptions with one touchdown.
- Luke Grimm has put together a 93-yard season so far (46.5 receiving yards per game), hauling in eight passes.
- Lawrence Arnold’s seven grabs this season have resulted in 86 yards (43.0 ypg).
Where To Watch Houston vs. Kansas
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.