The Marshall Thundering Herd (1-0) will look to upset the Notre Dame Fighting Irish (0-0) on Saturday, September 10, 2022 at Notre Dame Stadium. The Fighting Irish are heavy favorites in this one, with the spread posted at 19 points. The over/under is set at 52 in the outing.
Notre Dame vs. Marshall Predictions
Notre Dame vs. Marshall Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Notre Dame vs. Marshall Betting Trends
- Notre Dame was 7-4-0 against the spread last year.
- The Fighting Irish covered every time (2-0) as a 19-point favorite or greater last year.
- Notre Dame had six of its 13 games hit the over last year.
- Notre Dame won all seven of the games it was listed as the moneyline favorite last season.
- Notre Dame played as a moneyline favorite of -1276 or shorter in only two games last season, and it won both.
- Marshall beat the spread six times in 13 games last year.
- There were seven Marshall games (out of 13) that hit the over last year.
- Marshall lost both games it played as an underdog last season.
- Marshall entered one game last season as the underdog by +733 or more and won each of those games.
Notre Dame vs. Marshall: Over/Under Trends
- Notre Dame’s games had more than 52 points scored on occasions last season.
- Marshall’s games went over 52 points on occasions last season.
- These two teams scored a combined average of 68.2 points per game last season, higher than the total for this matchup by 16.2 points.
- These teams allowed a combined 43.5 points per game a season ago, 8.5 fewer points than this contest’s total.
- The point total average for Fighting Irish games last season was 53.1, 1.1 points higher than the over/under for this matchup.
- Last season, Thundering Herd games resulted in an average scoring total of 59.9, which is 7.9 points higher than the over/under for this matchup.
Notre Dame Players to Watch
- Jack Coan had a passing stat line last year of 3,150 passing yards with a 65.7% completion rate (253-of-385), 25 touchdowns, seven interceptions, and an average of 242.3 yards per game.
- Kyren Williams went to work last year, rushing for 1,002 yards on 204 carries (83.5 yards per game) and scoring 14 touchdowns. Williams collected 29.9 receiving yards per game with 42 catches for 359 yards and three touchdowns as well.
- Tyler Buchner racked up 336 yards on 46 carries (25.8 ypg), with three rushing touchdowns last season.
- In the previous season, Kevin Austin Jr. picked up 48 receptions for 888 yards and seven touchdowns. He averaged 68.3 yards per game.
- Michael Mayer tacked on 840 yards on 71 grabs with seven touchdowns. He averaged 64.6 receiving yards per game last year.
- Last season Avery Davis grabbed 27 passes for 386 yards and four touchdowns, compiling 29.7 receiving yards per game.
Marshall Players to Watch
- Ethan Payne has carried the ball 10 times for a team-high 113 yards (113 per game), with two touchdowns this year. He has also caught three passes for 28 yards (28 per game).
- This season Khalan Laborn has racked up 12 carries for 102 yards (102 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Talik Keaton’s team-leading 71 receiving yards (71 yards per game) have come on eight receptions.
- Devin Miller has grabbed four passes for 39 yards (39 yards per game) this year.
Where To Watch Notre Dame vs. Marshall
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.