The Georgia Southern Eagles (0-0) will look to upset the Nebraska Cornhuskers (1-1) on Saturday, September 10, 2022 at Memorial Stadium (Lincoln, NE). The Cornhuskers are heavy favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 21.5 points. An over/under of 59.5 points has been set for the outing.
Nebraska vs. Georgia Southern Predictions
Nebraska vs. Georgia Southern Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Nebraska vs. Georgia Southern Betting Trends
- Nebraska’s record against the spread last season was 6-5-0.
- The Cornhuskers went unbeaten ATS (1-0) as a 21.5-point favorite or more last year.
- Out of 12 Nebraska games last season, five went over the total.
- Nebraska won two of the six games it was favored on the moneyline last season (33.3%).
- Nebraska did not play a game last season with moneyline odds of -1607 or shorter.
- Georgia Southern’s record against the spread last season was 6-5-0.
- Georgia Southern had one win ATS (1-1) as underdogs of 21.5 points or greater last season.
- Georgia Southern had five of its 11 games hit the over last year.
- Last season, Georgia Southern won one out of the 10 games in which it was the underdog.
- Last season, Georgia Southern was at least a +850 underdog on the moneyline two times, losing each of those contests.
Nebraska vs. Georgia Southern: Over/Under Trends
- A total of times last season, Nebraska and its opponent combined to score more than 59.5 points.
- Georgia Southern games finished with over 59.5 points only two times last season.
- Last season, the two teams combined to average 11.3 points per game fewer than the total for this matchup (59.5).
- These teams surrendered a combined 54.1 points per game a season ago, 5.4 fewer points than this contest’s total.
- Cornhuskers games last season posted an average total of 53, which is 6.5 points fewer than the total for this matchup.
- Eagles games averaged 54.3 total points last season, 5.2 fewer than the total for this matchup.
Nebraska Players to Watch
- Casey Thompson leads Nebraska with 548 passing yards (274 ypg) on 39-of-63 passing with three touchdowns compared to three interceptions this season.
- Anthony Grant has carried the ball 42 times for a team-high 290 yards (145 per game), with four touchdowns this year.
- This season Ajay Allen has rushed for 65 yards (32.5 per game) on 14 carries with one touchdown.
- Trey Palmer’s 150 receiving yards (75 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s registered 12 receptions.
- Isaiah Garcia-Castaneda has racked up 120 receiving yards (60 yards per game) and one touchdown, reeling in four passes this year.
- Travis Vokolek’s five catches have netted him 63 yards (31.5 ypg).
Georgia Southern Players to Watch
- Justin Tomlin averaged 81.4 passing yards per outing and threw two touchdowns last season. In addition, he added two more touchdowns on 16.3 yards rushing per game.
- Logan Wright accumulated 788 rushing yards and eight touchdowns on the ground during last year’s campaign.
- Gerald Green rushed for 423 yards and five touchdowns last season.
- Khaleb Hood averaged 36.8 receiving yards over the course of the 2021 season.
- Amare Jones had 351 receiving yards (29.3 ypg) in 2021.
- Derwin Burgess Jr. caught 17 passes on his way to 311 receiving yards and one touchdown a season ago.
Where To Watch Nebraska vs. Georgia Southern
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.