The BYU Cougars (0-0) play the Baylor Bears (0-0) on Saturday, September 10, 2022 at LaVell Edwards Stadium. The line forecasts a close game, with the Cougars favored by 2.5 points. The over/under for the outing is 52.5 points.
BYU vs. Baylor Predictions
BYU vs. Baylor Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
BYU vs. Baylor Betting Trends
- BYU had five wins in 13 games against the spread last season.
- The Cougars went 3-7 as 2.5-point favorites or more last season.
- Last year, six of BYU’s 13 games went over the point total.
- BYU finished with a 7-2 record in games it was listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 77.8% of those games).
- BYU had a record of 0-0 when playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -141 or shorter (75%).
- Baylor’s record against the spread last season was 10-4-0.
- Against the spread, as underdogs of 2.5 points or greater, Baylor went 3-1 last year.
- There were six Baylor games (out of 14) that went over the total last year.
- Baylor was an underdog six times last season and won five of those games.
- Baylor entered five games last season as the underdog by +115 or more and were 3-1 in those contests.
BYU vs. Baylor: Over/Under Trends
- A total of times last year, BYU and its opponent combined to score more than 52.5 points.
- Baylor games had over 52.5 points times last year.
- These two teams scored a combined average of 64.7 points per game last season, higher than the total for this matchup by 12.2 points.
- These teams allowed a combined 43.1 points per game a season ago, 9.4 fewer points than this contest’s total.
- The over/under in this matchup is 52.5 points, 4.4 fewer than the average total in last season’s Cougars contests.
- Bears games averaged 52.4 total points last season, 0.1 fewer than the total for this matchup.
BYU Players to Watch
- Jaren Hall had an impressive passing stat line last year with 2,583 yards (198.7 yards per game), going 189-for-296 (63.9% completion percentage) with 20 touchdowns and five interceptions. He was a factor in the running game as well, with 307 rushing yards on 62 carries, three rushing touchdowns, and 23.6 rushing yards per game.
- Tyler Allgeier went to work last year, rushing for 1,596 yards on 276 carries (122.8 yards per game) and scoring 23 touchdowns. Allgeier collected 15.3 receiving yards per game with 28 catches for 199 yards as well.
- In the previous season, Puka Nacua picked up 43 receptions for 805 yards and six touchdowns. He averaged 61.9 yards per game.
- Gunner Romney also filled up his receiving stat line last year. He grabbed 34 receptions for 594 yards and three touchdowns. He averaged 45.7 receiving yards per game.
- Neil Pau’u’s stat line last year looked like this: a total of 526 yards, 46 catches, six touchdowns, and 40.5 yards per game.
Baylor Players to Watch
- Gerry Bohanon completed 62.9% of his passes to throw for 2,237 yards and 18 touchdowns last season. Bohanon also helped with his legs, accumulating nine touchdowns on 22.6 yards per game.
- Abram Smith averaged 112.4 rushing yards per game and tallied 12 rushing touchdowns last year.
- Last season Trestan Ebner rushed for 57.1 yards per game and averaged 20.3 receiving yards per game . He also scored four touchdowns.
- Tyquan Thornton piled up 948 receiving yards and 10 touchdowns over the course of 2021.
- R.J. Sneed caught 45 passes last season on his way to 564 yards and two receiving touchdowns.
- Drew Estrada played his way to one receiving touchdown and 367 receiving yards (26.2 ypg) last season.
Where To Watch BYU vs. Baylor
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.