Game 3 of the NHL Playoffs First Round at Capital One Arena on Saturday, May 7 showcases the Florida Panthers and the Washington Capitals squaring off at 1:00 PM ET. The teams are tied 1-1 in the series. The Panthers are favored (-196) against the Capitals (+164).
Panthers vs. Capitals Predictions
Panthers vs. Capitals Betting Odds
Panthers vs. Capitals Betting Trends
- The Panthers are 56-21 this season when listed as a moneyline favorite.
- When it has played with moneyline odds of -196 or shorter, Florida is 32-9 (winning 78.0% of the time).
- The Panthers have a 66.2% chance (based on the moneyline’s implied probability) to win this game.
- The Panthers’ 337 total goals (4.1 per game on seven assists per outing) lead the league.
- Defensively, the Panthers are giving up 242 total goals (3.0 per game) to rank 12th in league action.
- The Capitals have claimed an upset victory in 16, or 51.6%, of the 31 games they have played while the underdog this season.
- Washington has won two of its three games when it is the underdog by +164 or longer on the moneyline.
- With 270 goals (3.3 per game), the Capitals have the league’s 10th-best offense.
- The Capitals have allowed 242 total goals this season (3.0 per game), 12th in the league.
Panthers vs. Capitals Over/Under Trends
- Florida and its opponent have combined to outscore Saturday’s over/under (6.5 goals) 51 times this season.
- There have been 44 Washington games with over 6.5 goals this season.
- The over/under for this game (6.5) is 0.9 less than the combined scoring averages for the Panthers (4.11) and Capitals (3.29).
- This game’s total is 0.6 more than the 5.9 goals these two teams allow per game combined.
Panthers Team Leaders
- Jonathan Huberdeau: 30 goals and 85 assists
- Aleksander Barkov Jr.: 39 goals and 49 assists
- Sam Reinhart: 33 goals and 51 assists
- Sergei Bobrovsky: 39-7-3 record, .912 save percentage, 137 goals allowed
Capitals Team Leaders
- Alex Ovechkin: 50 goals and 41 assists
- Evgeny Kuznetsov: 24 goals and 54 assists
- John Carlson: 17 goals and 54 assists
- Ilya Samsonov: 23-12-5 record, .896 save percentage, 119 goals conceded
Where To Watch Panthers vs. Capitals
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.