Connect with us

FANTASY BASKETBALL

Fantasy Basketball Waiver Wire: Best Pickups Mar 16th

Fantasy Basketball Waiver Wire: Best Pickups Mar 16th

The fantasy basketball playoffs are upon us. So it’s time to take a different approach with the fantasy basketball waiver wire column this week. Instead of highlighting the players who have performed the best all season and are available on at least half the fantasy basketball waiver wires out there, I’m going with players who have been the hottest over the past two weeks and are rostered at a very low percentage. These are guys you can plug in your roster this week and propel yourself to the next round of the fantasy basketball playoffs.

 

Fantasy Basketball Waiver Wire: Best Pickups Mar 16th

Jonathan Kuminga – Golden State – SF/PF – 37% rostered

9.1 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 0.8 apg, 0.4 spg, 0.3 bpg, 0.8 3PT/G, 51.5% FG, 69.7% FT, 1.1 tpg

The rookie’s stat line above doesn’t exactly make you want to run out and grab him off your fantasy basketball waiver wire. However, since March 5th his stats tell a totally different story. He’s scored in double figures in all six games, posting averages of 16.5 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 1.7 apg, and hit 10 three-pointers. While Draymond Green‘s return will possibly eat into those numbers, he still posted a line of 12-8-3-2-2 with two threes in Draymond’s first game back.

Aleksej Pokusevski – Oklahoma City – SF/PF – 27% rostered

6.7 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.5 apg, 0.6 spg, 0.6 bpg, 0.8 3PT/G, 40.9% FG,67.7% FT, 1.3 tpg

Aleksej Pokusevski hasn’t exactly taken a jump in his second year, with most of his numbers actually down from his freshman campaign.  However, he’s shown signs of life over the past couple of weeks. In the team’s six games since March 4th, he’s never dipped into single digits in the scoring column and has averaged 12.5 ppg, 6.7 rpg, and 2.8 apg. With the Thunder’s best players mysteriously getting “season-ending injuries”, Pokusevki’s minutes and opportunities continue to rise.

Bones Hyland – Denver – PG/SG – 6%

9.1 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 2.3 apg, 0.5 spg, 0.2 bpg, 1.8 3PT/G, 38.4% FG, 84.5% FT, 1.2 tpg

How’s this for a low rostered player – only 6% of fantasy basketball players are in on Bones Hyland, leaving him free on 94% of fantasy basketball waiver wires out there. While the rookie has had an up and down year, as rookies generally do, he’s been more up than down recently, which is all that matters to us. Six out of the last seven games he’s scored in double-digits while averaging around three boards and four assists per game in that span.

 

Precious Achiuwa – Toronto – SF/PF/C – 24%

8.4 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.1 apg, 0.5 spg, 0.6 bpg, 0.6 3PT/G, 42.9% FG, 59.0% FT, 1.1 tpg

Precious Achiuwa is another player who has turned things around as of late, going for double-digit scoring in eight of his last 10 games, which is a feat considering he’s not relied on to score. He also brings you the boards and occasional defensive stats. Plus – eligibility at three positions never hurts (his shooting percentages, however, do).

Isaiah Hartenstein – Clippers – PF/C – 14%

7.7 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 2.0 apg, 0.7 spg, 1.1 bpg, 0.1 3PT/G, 63.9% FG, 62.7% FT, 1.1 tpg

The big men are showing up big time on this week’s list, and he’s another – Isaiah Hartenstein. The Clippers’ big has had a few scoring clunkers over the last 10 games, but he consistently registers the boards, assists, and blocks. In fact, there have only been two games in the last 10 that he has failed to get at least one swat.

Brandon Williams – Portland – PG – 19%

13.3 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 2.4 apg, 0.7 spg, 0.3 bpg, 1.1 3PT/G, 42.3% FG, 66.7% FT, 2.3 tpg

The undrafted rookie Brandon Williams has proven to be a wise signing for Portland, as he has put in work for the team since they picked him up 10 games ago. He’s gone off for over 20 points three times in that span, including last game; has had an eight-rebound and four-steal game; and also had six and seven assist games. Worth a look if you are in a pinch.

 

Other fantasy basketball waiver wire players worth checking out: Immanuel Quickley, Alperen Sengun, Kevin Huerter, DeMarcus Cousins

 

 

Related Content

USFL Draft Pool

USFL Draft Pool Trackers And Players

By Michael Del Negro / February 8, 2022 / 0 Comments

Dynasty Football: 2023 Rookie Rankings

By David Heilman / August 14, 2022 / 0 Comments
Top Fantasy Playoff Defenses To Stash

Top 5 Fantasy Playoff Defenses To Stash

By Wil Rivera / November 18, 2021 / 0 Comments
USFL Draft: Taking A Look At The USFL Quarterback Candidates

2022 USFL Top Ten Quarterback Candidates

By Justin Mark / February 18, 2022 / 0 Comments

Jeff Fox is the evil genius behind https://moneymma.substack.com. His work has also appeared in SLAM, Athlon Sports, FIGHT! & Fighters Only magazines, SI.com, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, and many other fine establishments across the globe.

Advertisement
Advertisement

More in FANTASY BASKETBALL