The New Orleans Pelicans (27-39) are 3.5-point favorites as they try to stop a three-game losing streak when they host the Charlotte Hornets (32-35) on Friday, March 11, 2022 at Smoothie King Center. The matchup airs at 8:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 231.5.
Pelicans vs. Hornets Predictions
Pelicans vs. Hornets Betting Odds
Pelicans vs. Hornets Last 10 Games
- New Orleans is 5-5 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread over its past 10 games.
- New Orleans’ last 10 outings saw four go over the total.
- The Pelicans’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 225.4 points scored. That’s 6.1 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- During the last 10 games, the Pelicans are scoring 10.2 points more per game compared to their season average.
- Charlotte has a 3-7 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread three times in those games.
- Charlotte and its opponents have hit the over in five of the past 10 games.
- The last 10 Hornets games averaged 232.4 total points, 0.9 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- During their past 10 games, the Hornets have scored 2.4 more points per contest compared to their 114.2 PPG season-long scoring average.
Pelicans vs. Hornets Betting Trends
- New Orleans has covered the spread in a game 33 times this season (33-33-0).
- In games this season when favored by 3.5 points or more, the Pelicans have gone 7-4 against the spread.
- New Orleans games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 27 times this season.
- The Pelicans make 45.2% of their shots from the field this season, which is 1.2 percentage points lower than the Hornets have allowed to their opponents (46.4%).
- New Orleans is 16-8 against the spread and 15-9 overall when it shoots higher than 46.4% from the field.
- Charlotte is 35-30-2 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 3.5-point underdogs or more, the Hornets have an ATS record of 14-10-2.
- This season, 32 of Charlotte’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Hornets have shot at a 45.8% clip from the field this season, 0.5 percentage points fewer than the 46.3% shooting opponents of the Pelicans have averaged.
- Charlotte is 20-9 against the spread and 19-10 overall when it shoots higher than 46.3% from the field.
Pelicans vs. Hornets Over/Under Trends
- This season, 13 of New Orleans’ 66 games have gone over Friday’s over/under of 231.5 points.
- This season, 29 games Charlotte played finished with a combined score higher than 231.5 points.
- The point total for the contest of 231.5 is 9.6 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Pelicans (107.7 points per game) and the Hornets (114.2 points per game).
- These two teams surrender a combined 224.3 points per game, 7.2 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- This season the average total for Pelicans games is 218.3 points, 13.2 fewer than the over/under of 231.5 points for this contest.
- A difference of 4.6 points separates this game’s over/under (231.5 points) and the average total points bet in Hornets’ games (226.9 points) this season.
Pelicans Team Leaders
- Jonas Valančiūnas: 17.8 PTS, 11.5 REB, 53.6 FG%, 36.8 3PT% (50-for-136)
- Brandon Ingram: 22.8 PTS, 5.5 AST, 46.2 FG%, 33.5 3PT% (72-for-215)
- Devonte’ Graham: 12.5 PTS, 36.1 FG%, 34.5 3PT% (168-for-487)
- Herbert Jones: 9.5 PTS, 1.5 STL, 48.8 FG%, 35.5 3PT% (43-for-121)
- Jaxson Hayes: 8.5 PTS, 64.9 FG%, 28.6 3PT% (8-for-28)
Hornets Team Leaders
- LaMelo Ball: 19.7 PTS, 7.3 AST, 1.5 STL, 41.8 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (157-for-431)
- Miles Bridges: 19.8 PTS, 7.1 REB, 48.0 FG%, 30.7 3PT% (116-for-378)
- Terry Rozier: 19.4 PTS, 1.3 STL, 43.7 FG%, 37.4 3PT% (179-for-479)
- Kelly Oubre Jr.: 16.2 PTS, 1.2 STL, 43.7 FG%, 34.6 3PT% (167-for-483)
- Gordon Hayward: 16.1 PTS, 46.0 FG%, 39.0 3PT% (85-for-218)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.