The Phoenix Suns (28-8) visit the New Orleans Pelicans (13-23) in a matchup of Pacific Division teams at Smoothie King Center, tipping off at 8:00 PM ET on Tuesday, January 4, 2022. The Pelicans are 7-point underdogs in the game, the second matchup between the squads this season. The point total in the matchup is set at 218.5.
Suns vs. Pelicans Predictions
Suns vs. Pelicans Betting Odds
Suns vs. Pelicans Last 10 Games
- Phoenix is 7-3 overall and 6-4-0 against the spread over its last 10 contests.
- The final score of the past 10 Phoenix games has surpassed the set total seven times.
- The Suns’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 220.6 points scored. That’s 2.1 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- In their last 10 games, the Suns have a points-per-game average 4.0 points above their season-long scoring average.
- New Orleans is 6-4 overall and 5-5-0 against the spread over its last 10 contests.
- New Orleans and its opponents have combined to hit the over in six of the past 10 games.
- The past 10 Pelicans games averaged 2.5 fewer points (216.0) than this matchup’s point total.
- Across their past 10 games, the Pelicans have scored 4.0 more points per contest compared to their 105.3 PPG season-long scoring average.
Suns vs. Pelicans Betting Trends
- Phoenix has covered the spread 19 times over 36 games with a set spread.
- In games they were favored in by 7 points or more so far this season, the Suns went 7-8 against the spread.
- This season, Phoenix’s games have hit the over 17 times.
- The Suns are shooting 47.5% from the field this season, 0.6 percentage points higher than the 46.9% the Pelicans allow to opponents.
- Phoenix has a 14-7 record against the spread and a 19-2 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 46.9% from the field.
- New Orleans has compiled a 16-21-0 record against the spread this year.
- The Pelicans are 5-7 ATS when playing as at least 7-point underdogs.
- This season, 17 of New Orleans’ games have gone over the point total out of 37 chances.
- This season, New Orleans has a 9-5 record against the spread and an 8-6 record overall in games the team collectively shoots above 43.9% from the field.
Suns vs. Pelicans Over/Under Trends
- A total of 14 Phoenix games this season have gone over Tuesday’s over/under of 218.5 points.
- This season, 15 of New Orleans’ games have ended with a score higher than 218.5 points.
- The Suns average 112.3 points per game against the Pelicans’ 105.3, totaling 0.9 points under the matchup’s total of 218.5.
- These two teams give up a combined 215 points per game, 3.5 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- This season, the average total for Suns games is 218.9 points, 0.4 more than the over/under of 218.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this game is 2.6 points more than the average over/under in Pelicans’ games this season (215.9 points).
Suns Team Leaders
- Chris Paul: 14.2 PTS, 9.9 AST, 1.9 STL, 48.0 FG%, 31.5 3PT% (34-for-108)
- Devin Booker: 23.6 PTS, 44.9 FG%, 41.7 3PT% (78-for-187)
- Deandre Ayton: 17.0 PTS, 11.1 REB, 62.6 FG%
- Mikal Bridges: 12.0 PTS, 1.3 STL, 51.3 FG%, 39.8 3PT% (49-for-123)
- JaVale McGee: 10.5 PTS, 7.4 REB, 65.7 FG%
Pelicans Team Leaders
- Jonas Valanciunas: 18.0 PTS, 11.6 REB, 52.2 FG%, 45.3 3PT% (34-for-75)
- Brandon Ingram: 22.1 PTS, 45.3 FG%, 34.9 3PT% (45-for-129)
- Devonte’ Graham: 13.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 37.3 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (100-for-275)
- Josh Hart: 12.3 PTS, 7.0 REB, 52.2 FG%, 34.6 3PT% (27-for-78)
- Nickeil Alexander-Walker: 13.4 PTS, 36.8 FG%, 31.9 3PT% (73-for-229)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.