College Basketball Predictions 11-12-21
The guys (@GamblingPodcast) are giving out their college basketball picks as part of their college basketball predictions 11-12-21 podcast. They hit on some of the biggest games of the weekend including Villanova at UCLA and Texas at Gonzaga. For more action check out the free daily college basketball picks page.
00:00 – Prerolls
1:52 – Intro/Welcome
2:26 – SGP Contributor Colby Dant
5:45- Northeastern v. Georgia State Preview
8:26 – Utah State v. Richmond Preview
9:47 – Oregon State v. Iowa State Preview
11:16 – Pittsburgh v. West Virginia Preview
14:52 – San Diego State v. BYU Preview
16:38 – Villanova v. UCLA Preview
18:30 – Kent State v. Xavier Preview
20:12 – Oregon v. SMU Preview
22:03 – Texas v. Gonzaga Preview
25:53 – Lock, Dog, and Bonus Lock
College Basketball Odds For 11-12-21
|Colby’s Six Pack||11/12 10:00 AM||Northeastern||143|
|Atlanta, GA||Georgia State||-7.5|
|Colby’s Six Pack||11/12 3:00 PM||Utah State||139|
|Colby’s Six Pack||11/12 5:00 PM||Oregon State||-3||139.5|
|Ames, IO||Iowa State|
|Colby’s Six Pack||11/12 5:30 PM||Pittsburgh||750||137.5|
|Morgantown, WV||West Virginia||-13.5||-1250|
|Colby’s Six Pack||11/12 6:00 PM||San Diego State|
|Colby’s Six Pack||11/12 8:30 PM||Villanova||140|
|11/12 3:30 PM||Kent State||143.5|
|11/12 8:00 PM||SMU||147|
|11/13 7:30 PM||Texas||335||151|
Show notes courtesy of Mike Moore (@RealMikeMoore)
Northeastern vs Georgia State
- Northeastern lost to a great Colgate team by 7 on the road while only shooting 21% from 3 and 40% from the field. They were also battling foul trouble.
- Northeastern runs a guard dominant system. Their tallest starter is Chris Doherty who is only 6’7”
- Georgia State is coming off a 60-point win vs Brewton-Parker. Northeastern is going to be a much tougher match-up.
- Georgia State’s Justin Roberts had 6 steals in the opener. The team had 21 steals total which is the most steals in a game by any team so far this season.
Utah State vs Richmond
- Utah State lost their season opener to UC Davis by 3 at home.
- Richmond beat NC Central by 10 even though they lost the rebound margin by 10. They are a very disciplined team as they only committed 10 fouls last game.
- Richmond is a very experienced team. They start 4 Seniors and a Junior.
- Richmond’s Jacob Gilyard had 7 steals in the season opener.
Oregon State vs Iowa State
- Iowa State beat Kennesaw State by 11 even though they lost the rebounding margin 31-29. They also committed 31 fouls and turned the ball over 22 times.
Pitt vs WVU
- Pitt is coming off an embarrassing 15 point loss to Citadel at home. 47 of their 63 points came from Hugley and Odukale. If those two get into foul trouble Pitt will have a hard time scoring. West Virginia’s defense should cause the game to be chippy which could result in fouls becoming an issue.
- Pitt shot 2-17 from 3 and you have to think that WVU’s defense will be more suffocating than Citadel’s. If their shooting doesn’t improve, they’ll have a hard time outscoring their opponents.
- Against Oakland, WVU forced 25 turnovers. They only shot 19% from the 3-point line and 55% from the free throw line.
SDSU vs BYU
- Barcello led the way for BYU in their victory over Cleveland State with 24 points. He shot 13-13 from the FT line.
- SDSU returns experienced big man Joshua Tomiac this season who had 3 blocks vs UC Riverside. He is a good defensive weapon off the bench for them. He only scored 4 points in the last outing but if he can improve offensively then SDSU will have a much higher ceiling.
Villaova vs UCLA
- Villanova shot 16-30 from behind the arc on Tuesday in their 40 point victory vs Mt St Mary’s
- UCLA starter Cody Riley sprained his MCL in the season opener and will not play vs the Wildcats.
Kent State vs Xavier
- This is Kent State’s first game of the season.
- Xavier is coming off a 3-point victory vs Niagara.
SMU vs Oregon
- Oregon only returns 25.4% of scoring from last season.
Furman vs Louisville
- Furman scored 118 points in their season opener vs North Greenville. They made 22/44 3 pointers. They only got to the free throw line 4 times in the game. They had 34 assists in the game which is the most in a single game in the country so far this season.
- Louisville played 10 guys for double digit minutes against Southern.
- Off the bench, Williamson’s 14 REBs and William’s 13 REB’s contributed to a team total 54 rebounds on the night.