The Philadelphia Phillies (87-75) are looking for another strong showing from a hitter on a hot streak versus the San Diego Padres (89-73) on Sunday at 2:37 PM ET, at Citizens Bank Park. Kyle Schwarber is currently on a two-game homer streak.
The favored Phillies (-138 on the moneyline to win) play at home against the Padres (+118). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Philadelphia Phillies looking to Zack Wheeler (12-7), and Yu Darvish (16-8) answering the bell for the San Diego Padres. The total for this game is set at 6.5.
Phillies vs. Padres Predictions
Phillies vs. Padres Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Phillies vs. Padres Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Over the last 10 games, Philadelphia has been named the moneyline favorite by oddsmakers just two times, and it won both games.
- In their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Phillies and their opponents combined to hit the over six times.
- Philadelphia’s ATS record is 8-2-0 over its past 10 games.
- In seven games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, San Diego has a record of 4-3.
- The Padres and their opponents have combined to hit the over six times in their last 10 games with a total.
- San Diego has five wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Phillies vs. Padres Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Zack Wheeler
- When Wheeler starts, the Phillies are 14-15-0 against the spread.
- The Phillies have been the moneyline favorite in 22 of Wheeler’s starts this season, and they went 12-10 in those matchups.
- Wheeler’s team has put together a 16-13 record over his 26 starts.
- Wheeler has started 29 contests with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in 14 of them.
Projected starter: Yu Darvish
- Darvish’s team is 17-16-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- When he starts a game and his team is the underdog on the moneyline, they have a record of 7-4.
- Darvish’s team has a 20-13 record in his starts this season.
- In games Darvish has started this season, the teams are 12-20-1 at hitting the over.
Phillies Batting Leaders
- Schwarber has a team-high 46 home runs and 94 runs batted in.
- Among batters in MLB, Schwarber ranks second in homers and 19th in RBI.
- Schwarber heads into this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .375 with three home runs, five walks and four RBI.
- J.T. Realmuto is batting .274 with 26 doubles, five triples, 22 home runs and 41 walks.
- Realmuto ranks 55th in home runs and 33rd in RBI among batters in MLB action.
- Rhys Hoskins has 33 doubles, two triples, 30 home runs and 72 walks while hitting .246.
- Alec Bohm’s .278 batting average leads his team.
Padres Batting Leaders
- Manny Machado leads San Diego in batting average (.298), home runs (32) and runs batted in (102) this season.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Machado’s home run total is 15th, and his RBI total is ninth.
- Juan Soto is batting .242 with an OBP of .401 and a slugging percentage of .452 this season.
- Soto ranks 31st in homers and 97th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Soto takes a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .211 with a double, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Josh Bell has 147 hits this season and a slash line of .266/.362/.422.
- Bell brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .278 with a home run and two RBI.
- Jake Cronenworth has 141 hits and an OBP of .333 to go with a slugging percentage of .394 this season.
Where To Watch Phillies vs. Padres
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.