Thursday’s NHL lineup features a matchup between the New York Islanders (2-1-0) and the New Jersey Devils (1-2-0) at UBS Arena in Elmont, New York. The Islanders are -151 on the moneyline to win at home against the Devils (+128) in the game, which starts at 7:30 PM ET on ESPN+ and Hulu.
Islanders vs. Devils Predictions
Islanders vs. Devils Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Islanders vs. Devils Betting Trends
- In the 42 games the Islanders were the moneyline favorite a season ago they tallied a 27-15 win-loss record.
- In games it has played with moneyline odds of -151 or shorter last season, New York won 75.0% of its games (15-5).
- The implied moneyline probability in this game says the Islanders have a 60.2% chance to win.
- The Islanders’ 230 goals scored last season (2.8 per game) ranked 22nd in the NHL.
- Defensively, the Islanders were one of the stingiest squads in NHL play, conceding 231 total goals (2.8 per game) to rank seventh.
- Last season the Devils had 15 wins in the 58 games in which they were an underdog.
- New Jersey had 34 games last season as an underdog by +128 or longer, and went 10-24.
- The Devils have a 43.9% chance to win this game (implied from the moneyline).
- With 245 goals (3.0 per game) last season, the Devils had the league’s 19th-ranked offense.
- The Devils conceded 302 total goals (3.7 per game), 29th in the league.
Islanders vs. Devils Over/Under Trends
- A total of 42 New York games last season went over Thursday’s over/under of 6 goals.
- Last season, 51 of New Jersey’s games featured more than 6 goals.
- These two teams combined for 5.8 goals per game last season, 0.21 less than the total set for this contest.
- This game’s total is 0.5 less than the 6.5 goals these two teams gave up per game combined.
Islanders Team Leaders 2021-22
- Brock Nelson was one of New York’s top contributors last season (59 total points), having collected 37 goals and 22 assists.
- Mathew Barzal had 15 goals and 44 assists to total 59 points (0.8 per game).
- Noah Dobson’s 52 points last season came via 13 goals and 39 assists.
- Ilya Sorokin had a record of 25-18-8. He allowed 123 goals (2.40 goals against average) and recorded 1517 saves.
Devils Team Leaders 2021-22
- Jesper Bratt’s 73 points last season made him an important offensive option for New Jersey. He put up 26 goals and 47 assists in 76 games.
- Nico Hischier was a leading scorer for New Jersey with 60 total points last season. He scored 21 goals and added 39 assists in 70 games.
- Jack Hughes had 56 points, including 26 goals and 30 assists.
- Vitek Vanecek had a .908 save percentage (25th in the league) last season, giving up 103 goals (2.7 goals against average). He compiled a 20-12-6 record.
Where To Watch Islanders vs. Devils
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NHL predictions? Go here for all of our free NHL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.