The Kent State Golden Flashes (2-5) will meet their MAC-rival, the Akron Zips (1-6) in a matchup on Saturday, October 22, 2022 at Dix Stadium. The Zips will need a complete game to pull off an upset, they are currently 19.5-point underdogs. The over/under is 67 in the outing.
Kent State vs. Akron Predictions
Kent State vs. Akron Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Kent State vs. Akron: Last 3 Games
- Kent State is winless against the spread and 1-2 overall in its last three games.
- In its past three games, Kent State has hit the over once.
- The Golden Flashes and their opponents have combined to score an average of 61.5 points over their last three games, 5.5 less than the 67 over/under in this matchup.
- Akron has covered the spread twice, and is 1-2 overall, over its last three contests.
- In Akron’s past three games, it has hit the over twice.
- The Zips total over the last three games is 10.7 points fewer than the 67 total given for this matchup.
Kent State vs. Akron Betting Trends
- Kent State has registered a 3-4-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 19.5-point favorites or more, the Golden Flashes have a perfect ATS record of 1-0.
- This season, Kent State’s games have hit the over three times.
- Kent State has been the moneyline favorite only two other times so far this season, and they split the two games.
- Kent State has not yet played a game with moneyline odds of -985 or shorter.
- Akron have compiled a 3-4-0 record against the spread this year.
- Akron is 1-2 ATS when playing as at least 19.5-point underdogs.
- This season, Akron games have hit the over three times.
- Akron has been the underdog in six games this season, and it has failed to win any of those contests.
- Akron has been at least a +630 moneyline underdog three times this season, but lost all of those games.
Kent State vs. Akron: Over/Under Trends
- This season, Kent State games have seen a combined score higher than this matchup’s 67-point over/under twice.
- There have been two games featuring Akron this season with more combined scoring than Saturday’s total of 67.
- Together, the two teams combine for 46.4 points per game, 20.6 points fewer than the point total of 67 for this matchup.
- These two teams give up a combined 71.9 points per game, 4.9 more than this contest’s over/under.
- On average, the over/under in Golden Flashes games is 3.5 points fewer than the over/under of 67 points in this matchup.
- The over/under for this game is 10.1 points more than the average over/under in Zips’ games this season (56.9 points).
Kent State Players to Watch
- Collin Schlee has been a dual threat to lead Kent State in both passing and rushing. He has 1,548 passing yards (221.1 ypg), completing 59.8% of his passes and tossing eight touchdown passes and four interceptions this season. He’s rushed for 339 yards (48.4 ypg) on 67 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- Marquez Cooper has carried the ball 156 times for a team-high 708 yards (101.1 per game), with eight touchdowns this year.
- Dante Cephas’ team-high 687 receiving yards (98.1 yards per game) have come on 44 receptions with three touchdowns.
- Devontez Walker has caught 36 passes for 544 yards (77.7 yards per game) and five touchdowns this year.
- Kris Leach’s seven catches are good enough for 74 yards (10.6 ypg).
Akron Players to Watch
- DJ Iron has thrown for 1,803 yards (257.6 ypg) to lead Akron, completing 66.7% of his passes and tossing seven touchdown passes and three interceptions this season. He’s also run for 185 yards (26.4 ypg) on 88 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- This season Cam Wiley has racked up 179 yards (25.6 per game) on 52 attempts with two touchdowns.
- Shocky Jacques-Louis’ 559 receiving yards (79.9 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s totaled 42 receptions and two touchdowns.
- Daniel George has put up a 436-yard season so far (62.3 receiving yards per game), reeling in 41 passes.
- Alex Adams’ 24 receptions this season have resulted in 271 yards (38.7 ypg) and three touchdowns.
Where To Watch Kent State vs. Akron
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.