The SMU Mustangs (3-3) and their fourth-ranked pass offense will square off against the No. 21 Cincinnati Bearcats (5-1) and the 19th-ranked passing D on Saturday, October 22, 2022. The Bearcats are favored by 3 points. The over/under in this outing is 62.5 points.
Cincinnati vs. SMU Predictions
Cincinnati vs. SMU Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Cincinnati vs. SMU: Last 3 Games
- Cincinnati has covered the spread once, and is 3-0 overall, in its last three contests.
- In its past three contests, Cincinnati has gone over the total once.
- The Bearcats and their opponents have combined to score an average of 57.8 points in their last three games, 4.7 less than the 62.5 over/under in this matchup.
- SMU has no wins against the spread and is 3-0 overall in its past three contests.
- SMU has gone over the total twice in its past three games.
- The Mustangs and their opponents have combined to score an average of 64.8 combined points over their last three games, 2.3 more than the 62.5 over/under in this matchup.
Cincinnati vs. SMU Betting Trends
- Cincinnati has covered the spread two times this season (2-3-1).
- In games they have played as 3-point favorites or more, the Bearcats have an ATS record of 2-2-1.
- This season, four of Cincinnati’s games have gone over the point total.
- Cincinnati has been the moneyline favorite a total of five times this season, and they’ve won all of those games.
- Cincinnati has played in five games as a moneyline favorite with odds of -156 or shorter and won each time.
- SMU has covered the spread in a game one time this season (1-5-0).
- SMU is winless against the spread when it’s 3-point underdogs or more (0-1).
- Games involving SMU have hit the over twice this season.
- This season, SMU has been listed as the underdog in three games and failed to win any of those contests.
- SMU has played as an underdog of +129 or more once this season and won that game.
Cincinnati vs. SMU: Over/Under Trends
- This season, Cincinnati games have seen a combined score higher than this game’s 62.5-point over/under twice.
- This season, SMU has played two games with a combined score higher than 62.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 73.7 points per game, 11.2 points more than the point total of 62.5 for this game.
- This matchup’s total is 11.8 fewer points than the 50.7 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2022.
- The Bearcats have seen a 55.1 average over/under in their games this season, 7.4 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 4.3 points separates the average total points bet in Mustangs’ games (66.8 points) and this contest’s over/under (62.5 points).
Cincinnati Players to Watch
- Ben Bryant leads Cincinnati with 1,561 passing yards (260.2 ypg) on 123-of-186 passing with 15 touchdowns compared to six interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Charles McClelland, has carried the ball 76 times for 502 yards (83.7 per game), with five touchdowns this year. He’s also caught 12 passes for 123 yards (20.5 per game).
- This season Corey Kiner has rushed for 253 yards (42.2 per game) on 52 carries with five touchdowns.
- Tyler Scott’s 500 receiving yards (83.3 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s registered 29 receptions and six touchdowns.
- Tre Tucker has recorded 387 receiving yards (64.5 yards per game) and one touchdown, reeling in 29 passes this year.
- Jadon Thompson’s 10 catches have turned into 150 yards (25.0 ypg) and one touchdown.
SMU Players to Watch
- Tanner Mordecai has 2,016 passing yards (336.0 ypg) to lead SMU, completing 60.9% of his passes and tossing 15 touchdown passes and six interceptions this season. He’s also chipped in on the ground with 86 rushing yards (14.3 ypg) on 27 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- The team’s top rusher, Velton Gardner, has carried the ball 37 times for 230 yards (38.3 per game), with one touchdown this year.
- This season Tre Siggers has piled up 229 yards (38.2 per game) on 60 attempts with four touchdowns.
- Rashee Rice’s 761 receiving yards (126.8 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s collected 49 receptions and four touchdowns.
- Jake Bailey has put together a 205-yard season so far (34.2 receiving yards per game) with one touchdown, reeling in 12 passes.
- Kelvontay Dixon’s 15 receptions this season have resulted in 199 yards (33.2 ypg) and two touchdowns.
Where To Watch Cincinnati vs. SMU
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.