The Notre Dame Fighting Irish (2-2) play the Stanford Cardinal (1-3) on Saturday, October 15, 2022 at Notre Dame Stadium. The Fighting Irish are heavy favorites in this one, with the line posted at 15.5 points. The over/under for the contest is 52.5 points.
Notre Dame vs. Stanford Predictions
Notre Dame vs. Stanford Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Notre Dame vs. Stanford: Last 3 Games
- Over its last three contests, Notre Dame has two wins against the spread, and is 3-0 overall.
- Notre Dame has gone over the total once in its past three contests.
- The Fighting Irish and their opponents have combined to score an average of 49.3 points over their last three games, 3.2 less than the 52.5 over/under in this matchup.
- In its past three contests, Stanford has one win against the spread, and is 3-0 overall.
- In Stanford’s past three games, it has gone over the total twice.
- The Cardinal and their opponents have combined to score an average of 59.5 combined points in their last three games, 7.0 more than the 52.5 over/under in this matchup.
Notre Dame vs. Stanford Betting Trends
- Notre Dame has covered the spread three times this season (3-2-0).
- The Fighting Irish have not covered the spread when playing as at least 15.5-point favorites (0-1).
- Games involving Notre Dame have hit the over once out of five chances this season.
- Notre Dame has won two of the three games it was listed as the moneyline favorite this season (66.7%).
- Notre Dame has played as a moneyline favorite of -726 or shorter in only one game this season, which it lost.
- Stanford has covered the spread in a matchup one time this year (1-4-0).
- Stanford has yet to cover the spread (0-1) when it is at least 15.5-point underdogs.
- This season, Stanford games have hit the over three times.
- This season, Stanford has been listed as the underdog in four games and failed to win any of those contests.
- This season, Stanford has won one of its two games when it is the underdog by at least +502 on the moneyline.
Notre Dame vs. Stanford: Over/Under Trends
- Notre Dame and its opponents have combined to score more than 52.5 points in a game just once this season.
- There have been Stanford games that have finished with a combined score over 52.5 points this season.
- The Fighting Irish average 25.0 points per game against the Cardinal’s 29.5, totaling 2.0 points over the matchup’s point total of 52.5.
- This game’s over/under is 5.5 fewer points than the 58 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2022.
- On average, the over/under in Fighting Irish games is 1.6 points fewer than the over/under of 52.5 points in this matchup.
- The over/under for this matchup is 6.5 points fewer than the average over/under in Cardinal’s games this season (59.0 points).
Notre Dame Players to Watch
- Drew Pyne has 721 passing yards (144.2 ypg) to lead Notre Dame, completing 72.5% of his passes and recording nine touchdown passes and two interceptions this season.
- Audric Estime has carried the ball 68 times for a team-high 361 yards (72.2 per game), with four touchdowns this year.
- This season Chris Tyree has rushed for 231 yards (46.2 per game) on 52 carries with one touchdown, while also catching 14 passes for 86 yards (17.2 per game) and one touchdown.
- Michael Mayer’s 351 receiving yards (70.2 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s collected 33 receptions and five touchdowns.
- Lorenzo Styles Jr. has put up a 260-yard season so far (52.0 receiving yards per game) with one touchdown, reeling in 19 passes.
- Jayden Thomas has hauled in six catches for 106 yards (21.2 ypg) and one touchdown this season.
Stanford Players to Watch
- Tanner McKee has thrown for 1,249 yards (249.8 ypg) to lead Stanford, completing 64.1% of his passes and tossing 10 touchdown passes and four interceptions this season.
- Casey Filkins’ team-high 339 rushing yards (67.8 per game) have come on 82 carries, with three touchdowns this year. He’s also added 12 catches for 157 yards (31.4 per game) and one touchdown.
- This season E.J. Smith has rushed for 206 yards (41.2 per game) on 30 carries with three touchdowns.
- Michael Wilson’s 352 receiving yards (70.4 yards per game) lead the team. He has 17 receptions with four touchdowns.
- Elijah Higgins has put up a 215-yard season so far (43.0 receiving yards per game) with one touchdown, hauling in 19 passes.
- Brycen Tremayne’s 14 grabs have turned into 178 yards (35.6 ypg) and two touchdowns.
Where To Watch Notre Dame vs. Stanford
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.