Big Ten play features the Maryland Terrapins (4-1) taking on the Purdue Boilermakers (3-2) on Saturday, October 8, 2022 at Capital One Field at Maryland Stadium. The Terrapins are favored by 3.5 points. The over/under is 61 in the contest.
Maryland vs. Purdue Predictions
Maryland vs. Purdue Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Maryland vs. Purdue: Last 3 Games
- Over its past three games, Maryland has covered the spread each time, and is 2-1 overall.
- Maryland has not hit the over in its past three games.
- The Terrapins have averaged a total of 65.5 combined points over their last three games, 4.5 greater than this game’s over/under of 61.
- Purdue has covered the spread once, and is 2-1 overall, in its last three contests.
- Purdue has gone over the total once in its past three games.
- The Boilermakers total over the last three games is 4.5 points fewer than the 61 total listed for this matchup.
Maryland vs. Purdue Betting Trends
- Maryland has registered a 4-1-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 3.5-point favorites or more, the Terrapins have an ATS record of 2-1.
- This season, Maryland’s games have hit the over once.
- Maryland has been favored on the moneyline a total of four times this season, and they’ve won all of those games.
- Maryland has played three times as a moneyline favorite with odds of -185 or shorter, and earned a victory in each game.
- Purdue has covered the spread two times in five games with a set number.
- Purdue has an ATS record of 1-1 when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- Purdue’s games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under three times this year.
- This season, Purdue has won one out of the three games in which it has been the underdog.
- Purdue is undefeated in two games this season when it is the underdog by +152 or more on the moneyline.
Maryland vs. Purdue: Over/Under Trends
- This season, Maryland and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s over/under of 61 points times.
- This season, Purdue has played two games with a combined score higher than 61 points.
- The Terrapins average 35 points per game against the Boilermakers’ 32.8, amounting to 6.8 points over the contest’s point total of 61.
- These two teams give up a combined 41.6 points per game, 19.4 points less than this contest’s over/under.
- The Terrapins have seen a 65.4 average over/under in their games this season, 4.4 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this matchup is 5.6 points more than the average over/under in Boilermakers’ games this season (55.4 points).
Maryland Players to Watch
- Taulia Tagovailoa has thrown for 1,416 yards (283.2 ypg) to lead Maryland, completing 75.5% of his passes and tossing eight touchdown passes and four interceptions this season. He’s also figured in the ground game with 92 rushing yards (18.4 ypg) on 27 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- Roman Hemby has carried the ball 57 times for a team-high 369 yards (73.8 per game), with three touchdowns this year. He’s also tacked on 15 catches for 137 yards (27.4 per game).
- This season Antwain Littleton has racked up 267 yards (53.4 per game) on 39 attempts with six touchdowns.
- Jeshaun Jones’ team-leading 253 receiving yards (50.6 yards per game) have come on 19 receptions with two touchdowns.
- Rakim Jarrett has racked up 249 receiving yards (49.8 yards per game) and two touchdowns, hauling in 20 passes this year.
- Corey Dyches’ 18 catches have netted him 216 yards (43.2 ypg) and one touchdown.
Purdue Players to Watch
- Aidan O’Connell has thrown for 1,190 yards (238 ypg) to lead Purdue, completing 65.1% of his passes and tossing eight touchdown passes and three interceptions this season.
- Devin Mockobee has carried the ball 38 times for a team-high 249 yards (49.8 per game), with three touchdowns this year.
- This season Dylan Downing has rushed for 236 yards (47.2 per game) on 50 carries with three touchdowns.
- Charlie Jones’ 588 receiving yards (117.6 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s registered 47 receptions and seven touchdowns.
- Payne Durham has racked up 171 receiving yards (34.2 yards per game) and two touchdowns, reeling in 21 passes this year.
- TJ Sheffield’s 13 catches this season have resulted in 136 yards (27.2 ypg) and one touchdown.
Where To Watch Maryland vs. Purdue
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.