The No. 4 Michigan Wolverines (4-0) will face off against the Iowa Hawkeyes (2-1) in a matchup of Big Ten teams on Saturday, October 1, 2022 at Kinnick Stadium. The Hawkeyes are currently an underdog by 10 points. An over/under of 43 points has been set for the outing.
Michigan vs. Iowa Predictions
Michigan vs. Iowa Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Michigan vs. Iowa Betting Trends
- Michigan has put together a record of 2-2-0 against the spread this season.
- The Wolverines have an ATS record of 2-2 when playing as at least 10-point favorites.
- This season, Michigan’s games have yet to hit the over once.
- Michigan has won all three of the games it has been favored on the moneyline this season.
- Michigan has played three times as a moneyline favorite with odds of -408 or shorter, and won in each game.
- Iowa has gone 2-2-0 against the spread this year.
- Games involving Iowa has hit the over once this year.
- Iowa will play as the underdog for the first time this season.
- Iowa has not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +315 odds on them winning this game.
Michigan vs. Iowa: Over/Under Trends
- This season, every Michigan game has gone over this matchup’s 43-point total.
- Iowa has yet to finish a game this season with a combined score higher than 43 points.
- The total for the game of 43 is 20.7 points fewer than the combined points per game averages for the Wolverines (50.0 points per game) and the Hawkeyes (13.7 points per game).
- The 15.3 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 27.7 fewer than the 43 over/under in this contest.
- This season, the average total for Wolverines games is 63.0 points, 20.0 more than the over/under of 43 points for this contest.
- A difference of 4.4 points separates this contest’s over/under (43 points) and the average total points bet in Hawkeyes’ games (38.6 points) this season.
Michigan Players to Watch
- J.J. McCarthy has thrown for 693 yards (173.3 ypg) to lead Michigan, completing 80% of his passes and recording five touchdown passes this season. He’s also contributed in the ground game with 78 rushing yards (19.5 ypg) on 12 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- The team’s top rusher, Blake Corum, has carried the ball 64 times for 478 yards (119.5 per game), with nine touchdowns this year.
- This season CJ Stokes has taken 23 carries for 112 yards (28.0 per game) and one touchdown.
- Ronnie Bell’s team-high 253 receiving yards (63.3 yards per game) have come on 17 receptions with one touchdown.
- Roman Wilson has put together a 196-yard season so far (49.0 receiving yards per game) with three touchdowns, hauling in eight passes.
- Luke Schoonmaker has hauled in 10 receptions for 117 yards (29.3 ypg) and one touchdown this season.
Iowa Players to Watch
- Spencer Petras has 524 passing yards (131.0 ypg) to lead Iowa, completing 51.1% of his passes and recording one touchdown pass and two interceptions this season.
- Kaleb Johnson has carried the ball 29 times for a team-high 174 yards (43.5 per game), with two touchdowns this year.
- This season Leshon Williams has taken 49 carries for 170 yards (42.5 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Sam LaPorta’s team-high 154 receiving yards (38.5 yards per game) have come on 16 receptions.
- Arland Bruce IV has collected 132 receiving yards (33.0 yards per game) and one touchdown, reeling in 10 passes this year.
- Luke Lachey’s five receptions have netted him 57 yards (14.3 ypg).
Where To Watch Michigan vs. Iowa
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.