The Bowling Green Falcons (1-3) will face off against their MAC-rival, the Akron Zips (1-2) in a matchup on Saturday, October 1, 2022 at InfoCision Stadium-Summa Field. The spread forecasts an evenly-matched game, with the Falcons favored to win by 6.5 points. The over/under is set at 52 in the outing.
Bowling Green vs. Akron Predictions
Bowling Green vs. Akron Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Bowling Green vs. Akron Betting Trends
- Bowling Green has covered the spread one time this season (1-2-1).
- The Falcons have not covered the spread (0-1) when playing as at least 6.5-point favorites.
- All of Bowling Green’s games have gone over the total this season.
- Bowling Green has been the moneyline favorite only one other time so far this season, a game they lost.
- Bowling Green has played as a moneyline favorite of -222 or shorter in just one game this season, which it lost.
- Akron has put together a record of 1-3-0 against the spread this season.
- Akron is 1-2 ATS when playing as at least 6.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving Akron has hit the over once this season.
- Akron has been listed as the underdog three times this season and has failed to win any of those games.
- Akron has been at least a +180 moneyline underdog three times this season, but lost all of those games.
Bowling Green vs. Akron: Over/Under Trends
- All of Bowling Green’s games this season have finished with a higher combined score than Saturday’s total of 52 points.
- A total of of Akron’s games finished with a combined score higher than 52 points this season.
- The point total for the contest of 52 is 9.5 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Falcons (30.5 points per game) and the Zips (12.0 points per game).
- This game’s point total is 39.0 fewer points than the 91 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2022.
- On average, the Falcons have seen a 54.3 over/under in their games this season, 2.3 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this matchup is 5.4 points fewer than the average over/under in Zips’ games this season (57.4 points).
Bowling Green Players to Watch
- Matt McDonald has thrown for 690 yards (172.5 ypg) to lead Bowling Green, completing 56.3% of his passes and tossing 10 touchdown passes this season. He’s also contributed in the ground game with 77 rushing yards (19.3 ypg) on 15 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- The team’s top rusher, Jaison Patterson, has carried the ball 31 times for 83 yards (20.8 per game), with one touchdown this year.
- This season Taron Keith has rushed for 81 yards (20.3 per game) on 20 carries, while also hauling in 125 yards (31.3 per game) on 16 catches and two touchdowns.
- Odieu Hiliare’s team-leading 164 receiving yards (41.0 yards per game) have come on 14 receptions with three touchdowns.
- CJ Lewis has recorded 149 receiving yards (37.3 yards per game) and two touchdowns, reeling in 12 passes this year.
Akron Players to Watch
- DJ Iron has thrown for 906 yards (226.5 ypg) to lead Akron, completing 63.5% of his passes and collecting three touchdown passes and one interception this season. He’s also run for 45 yards (11.3 ypg) on 42 carries.
- The team’s top rusher, Cam Wiley, has carried the ball 50 times for 171 yards (42.8 per game), with two touchdowns this year. He’s also caught 15 passes for 67 yards (16.8 per game).
- Shocky Jacques-Louis’ 277 receiving yards (69.3 yards per game) lead the team. He has 21 receptions with one touchdown.
- Daniel George has put together a 226-yard season so far (56.5 receiving yards per game), hauling in 21 passes.
- Alex Adams’ 12 catches this season have resulted in 111 yards (27.8 ypg) and one touchdown.
Where To Watch Bowling Green vs. Akron
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.