The Pittsburgh Pirates (55-92) bring a four-game losing streak into a home matchup versus the New York Yankees (88-58), at 7:05 PM ET on Tuesday.
The Pirates are a heavy road underdog (+259) at the Yankees (-326). Nestor Cortes (10-4) will start in this one for the New York Yankees. The Pittsburgh Pirates have yet to tab a starting pitcher for this game. The total for the game is set at 8 total runs.
Yankees vs. Pirates Predictions
Yankees vs. Pirates Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Yankees vs. Pirates Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- New York went 7-2 over the nine games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Yankees and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total nine times (12 of the 10 games had set totals).
- New York’s ATS record is 7-5-0 over its past 10 games.
- Pittsburgh has played as the underdog in 10 of its past 10 games and won four of those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Pirates and their opponents are 4-5-1 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Pittsburgh has six wins against the spread in its last 10 chances.
Yankees vs. Pirates Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Nestor Cortes
- When Cortes starts, the Yankees are 13-12-0 against the spread.
- The Yankees are 16-9 in Cortes’ 25 starts this season with New York as the moneyline favorite.
- Cortes’ team has won 16 of his 25 starts.
- Cortes’ starts with a set total this season have hit the over in 10 of 25 games.
Yankees Batting Leaders
- Aaron Judge has a team-best batting average of .316, and leads the Yankees in home runs (59) and runs batted in (127).
- Judge’s home runs rank first in MLB and he ranks first in RBI in MLB.
- Judge has hit safely in nine straight games. In his last 10 games he is batting .500 with three doubles, four home runs, 10 walks and nine RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo is batting .229 with 19 doubles, a triple, 31 home runs and 55 walks.
- Rizzo ranks 12th in homers and 42nd in RBI among hitters in MLB play.
- Rizzo has safely hit in four games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .375 with three home runs, two walks and three RBI.
- Gleyber Torres is hitting .245 with 25 doubles, a triple, 21 home runs and 33 walks.
- Torres has hit safely in eight straight games. In his last 10 games he is hitting .295 with three doubles, two home runs, four walks and nine RBI.
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa has 19 doubles, three home runs and 31 walks while batting .269.
- Kiner-Falefa heads into this game on a four-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .235 with four walks and an RBI.
Pirates Batting Leaders
- Bryan Reynolds leads Pittsburgh in home runs with 23, runs batted in with 54 and his batting average of .256 is also best on his team.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Reynolds ranks 39th in home runs and 107th in RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has 114 hits and an OBP of .314 to go with a slugging percentage of .351 this season.
- Hayes is 228th among hitters in the majors in home runs, and 201st in RBI.
- Ben Gamel has 80 hits this season and a slash line of .231/.319/.367.
- Michael Chavis has collected 92 hits this season and has an OBP of .273. He’s slugging .403 on the year.
Where To Watch Yankees vs. Pirates
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.