The No. 22 Texas Longhorns (2-1) will meet a fellow Big 12 opponent, the Texas Tech Red Raiders (2-1) in a matchup on Saturday, September 24, 2022 at Jones AT&T Stadium. The Longhorns are listed as favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 4.5 points. The over/under in this outing is 60 points.
Texas vs. Texas Tech Predictions
Texas vs. Texas Tech Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Texas vs. Texas Tech Betting Trends
- Texas is 3-0-0 against the spread this season.
- The Longhorns are a perfect 2-0 ATS when playing as at least 4.5-point favorites.
- This season, Texas’ games have hit the over once.
- Texas has been the moneyline favorite only two other times so far this season, and they won both of the games.
- Texas has played as a moneyline favorite of -192 or shorter in just two games this season, and it won both.
- Texas Tech has covered the spread in a game one time this year (1-2-0).
- Texas Tech has not covered a spread (0-1) when playing as at least 4.5-point underdogs.
- Games involving Texas Tech have hit the over twice this season.
- Texas Tech lost the only game it has played as the underdog this season.
- Texas Tech has played as an underdog of +158 or more once this season and lost that game.
Texas vs. Texas Tech: Over/Under Trends
- Texas and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s total of 60 points twice this season.
- There have been two games featuring Texas Tech this season with more combined scoring than Saturday’s over/under of 60.
- Together, the two teams combine for 74 points per game, 14.0 points more than the total of 60 for this matchup.
- This game’s point total is 21.0 fewer points than the 39 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2022.
- The Longhorns have seen a 61.8 average over/under in their games this season, 1.8 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- Red Raiders’ games have a total points bet of 60.7 points this season, 0.7 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
Texas Players to Watch
- Bijan Robinson has carried the ball 51 times for a team-high 311 yards (103.7 per game), with five touchdowns this year. He has also caught seven passes for 132 yards (44.0 per game) and one touchdown.
- This season Roschon Johnson has racked up 131 yards (43.7 per game) on 21 attempts with one touchdown.
- Xavier Worthy’s team-leading 162 receiving yards (54.0 yards per game) have come on 11 receptions.
- Jordan Whittington has grabbed 14 passes for 146 yards (48.7 yards per game) this year.
Texas Tech Players to Watch
- Donovan Smith has 786 passing yards (262.0 ypg) to lead Texas Tech, completing 64.5% of his passes and tossing seven touchdown passes and five interceptions this season.
- Tahj Brooks has carried the ball 28 times for a team-high 134 yards (44.7 per game), with four touchdowns this year. He’s also tacked on 12 catches for 85 yards (28.3 per game).
- This season SaRodorick Thompson has piled up 21 carries for 98 yards (32.7 per game), while also catching six passes for 58 yards (19.3 per game) and one touchdown.
- Jerand Bradley’s 172 receiving yards (57.3 yards per game) lead the team. He has 14 receptions with two touchdowns.
- Loic Fouonji has collected 168 receiving yards (56.0 yards per game) and two touchdowns, hauling in nine passes this year.
- Myles Price’s 12 receptions have yielded 167 yards (55.7 ypg) and two touchdowns.
Where To Watch Texas vs. Texas Tech
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.