AFC West opponents square off when the Kansas City Chiefs (1-0) host the Los Angeles Chargers (1-0) on Thursday, September 15, 2022 at GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium. Kansas City is favored by 3.5 points. A 54.5-point over/under is set for the contest.
Chiefs vs. Chargers Predictions
Chiefs vs. Chargers Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Chiefs and Chargers: Betting Trends
- The Chiefs had eight wins in 17 games against the spread last season.
- The Chiefs went 5-8 as 3.5-point favorites or more last year.
- Out of 17 Chiefs games last year, 10 went over the total.
- The Chiefs were the moneyline favorite 17 total times last season. They went 12-5 in those games.
- In games they played as a moneyline favorite with odds of -188 or shorter, the Chiefs had a 9-3 record (winning 75% of their games).
- The Chiefs have a 65.3% chance to win this contest based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
- Against the spread, the Chargers were 8-9-0 last season.
- The Chargers went unbeaten ATS (1-0) as underdogs of 3.5 points or more last year.
- The Chargers had 10 of its 17 games hit the over last season.
- Last season, the Chargers won three out of the five games in which they were the underdog.
- The Chargers entered one game last season as the underdog by +158 or more and won each of those games.
- Chiefs games had more than 54.5 points scored on eight occasions last season.
- There were seven Chargers games last year with more than 54.5 points scored.
- The Chiefs and Chargers combined to average 56.1 points per contest last season, which is 1.6 more than the total for this game.
- The over/under for this game is set at 54.5 points, 6.1 points higher than the two teams’ opponents scoring average from last season.
- Chiefs games last season posted an average total of 51.9, which is 2.6 points fewer than the total for this matchup.
- Games involving the Chargers last year averaged 49.4 points per game, a 5.1-point differential when compared to the over/under for this contest.
Chiefs Players to Watch
- Patrick Mahomes II was the No. 4 fantasy player overall and the No. 4 fantasy QB in 2021 with 363.7 points (averaging 21.4 per game).
- Travis Kelce put up 170.8 fantasy points a season ago (10.7 per game), enough to place him 52nd overall and second among TEs in league-wide fantasy standings.
- Last year, Clyde Edwards-Helaire’s 96.6 total fantasy points made him the No. 126 fantasy player and No. 36 RB. He averaged 9.7 fantasy points per game.
- Mecole Hardman was the 160th-ranked fantasy player — and the 53rd-ranked WR — in 2021 with 81.9 fantasy points. He averaged 4.8 fantasy points per game.
Chargers Players to Watch
- Justin Herbert’s impressive 2021 fantasy campaign saw him collect 378.8 fantasy points (22.3 per game) and finish second overall among all players and second among all QBs.
- Austin Ekeler placed second among RBs and 14th overall in league-wide fantasy standings last season after finishing with 273.8 fantasy points (17.1 per game).
- Last year, Mike Williams’ 168.6 total fantasy points made him the No. 55 fantasy player and No. 10 WR. He averaged 10.5 fantasy points per game.
- Keenan Allen finished 15th among WRs and 67th overall last season in fantasy rankings. He scored 151.8 fantasy points (9.5 per game).
Where To Watch Chiefs vs. Chargers
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for NFL predictions? Go here for all of our free NFL picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.