The New Mexico Lobos (1-1) will look to upset the UTEP Miners (1-2) on Saturday, September 17, 2022 at University Stadium (NM). The Miners are listed as favorites in this one, with the spread sitting at 3.5 points. The over/under is set at 41.5 in the outing.
UTEP vs. New Mexico Predictions
UTEP vs. New Mexico Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
UTEP vs. New Mexico Betting Trends
- UTEP has yet to win a game against the spread this season (0-3-0).
- The Miners are winless against the spread when they have played as 3.5-point favorites or more (0-1).
- UTEP’s games have yet to go over the total once this season.
- UTEP has been listed as the moneyline favorite only one other time so far this season, a game they won.
- UTEP has played as a moneyline favorite of -170 or shorter in just one game this season, which it won.
- New Mexico has covered the spread in a matchup one time this year (1-0-1).
- New Mexico has yet to cover the spread when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs (0-0-1).
- This year, New Mexico games have hit the over just once.
- New Mexico lost the only game it has played as the underdog this season.
- New Mexico has played as an underdog of +142 or more once this season and lost that game.
UTEP vs. New Mexico: Over/Under Trends
- This season, UTEP games have gone over this game’s 41.5-point over/under twice.
- The Miners average 15.3 points per game against the Lobos’ 27.5, totaling 1.3 points over the matchup’s over/under of 41.5.
- This game’s point total is 3.7 fewer points than the 45.2 these two teams combine to give up per game in 2022.
- On average, the Miners have seen a 52.3 over/under in their games this season, 10.8 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- Lobos’ games have a total points bet of 43.0 points this season, 1.5 points more than the over/under for this contest.
UTEP Players to Watch
- Gavin Hardison has 703 passing yards (234.3 ypg) to lead UTEP, completing 51.3% of his passes and recording two touchdown passes this season.
- Ronald Awatt has carried the ball 43 times for a team-high 190 yards (63.3 per game), with two touchdowns this year.
- This season Deion Hankins has racked up 48 yards (16.0 per game) on 18 attempts.
- Tyrin Smith’s 262 receiving yards (87.3 yards per game) lead the team. He has 20 receptions with two touchdowns.
- Reynaldo Flores has put together a 241-yard season so far (80.3 receiving yards per game), hauling in 19 passes.
- Kelly Akharaiyi’s seven catches have netted him 65 yards (21.7 ypg).
New Mexico Players to Watch
- The team’s top rusher, Sherod White, has carried the ball 15 times for 80 yards (40.0 per game), with two touchdowns this year.
- This season Luke Wysong has rushed for 49 yards (24.5 per game) on 11 carries with one touchdown, while also hauling in 67 yards (33.5 per game) on seven catches and one touchdown.
- Geordon Porter’s team-high 127 receiving yards (63.5 yards per game) have come on seven receptions with two touchdowns.
- Christian Washington’s one catch is good enough for 27 yards (13.5 ypg).
Where To Watch UTEP vs. New Mexico
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.