The St. Louis Cardinals (82-58) are looking for Tommy Edman to continue a 12-game hitting streak versus the Pittsburgh Pirates (51-87) on Sunday at 1:35 PM ET, at PNC Park.
The Pirates play as a home underdog (+176) versus the Cardinals (-211). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the St. Louis Cardinals looking to Jose Quintana (5-6), and Mitch Keller (5-10) answering the bell for the Pittsburgh Pirates. The game’s over/under is 8.
Cardinals vs. Pirates Predictions
Cardinals vs. Pirates Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Cardinals vs. Pirates Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- St. Louis went 7-3 over the 10 games it was a moneyline favorite in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Cardinals combined with their opponents to hit the over on the run total five times.
- St. Louis’ ATS record is 6-4-0 over its past 10 games.
- Pittsburgh has played as the underdog in 10 of its past 10 games and has won three of those contests.
- When it comes to hitting the over, the Pirates and their opponents are 4-6-0 in their last 10 games with a total.
- Over its last 10 games, Pittsburgh is 4-6-0 against the spread.
Cardinals vs. Pirates Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: José Quintana
- The Cardinals have gone 19-9-0 against the spread when Quintana starts.
- The Cardinals have an 8-1 record in Quintana’s nine starts this season when they were favored on the moneyline.
- Quintana’s team has won 16 of his 27 starts.
- Quintana’s starts hit the over on the run total 13 times in 28 games with a set total this season.
Projected starter: Mitch Keller
- Keller’s team is 12-12-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- When he starts a game and his team is the underdog on the moneyline, they have a record of 7-13.
- In games Keller has started, his team is 8-16.
- Games started by Keller have an 10-10-4 record at hitting the over this season.
Cardinals Batting Leaders
- Paul Goldschmidt paces the Cardinals in home runs (35), runs batted in (109) and has accumulated a team-high batting average of .325.
- Among all batters in MLB, Goldschmidt’s home run total ranks third and his RBI tally ranks second.
- Nolan Arenado is hitting .298 with 38 doubles, a triple, 28 home runs and 44 walks.
- Arenado currently ranks 13th in homers and seventh in RBI in the majors.
- Arenado takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .238 with two doubles and four RBI.
- Edman has 28 doubles, four triples, 13 home runs and 40 walks while hitting .267.
- Edman brings a 12-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last nine games he is batting .429 with five doubles, two home runs, a walk and seven RBI.
- Brendan Donovan is batting .291 with 18 doubles, a triple, four home runs and 46 walks.
Pirates Batting Leaders
- Bryan Reynolds leads Pittsburgh in batting average (.256), home runs (21) and runs batted in (51) this season.
- Reynolds’ home run total ranks 42nd in MLB, and he is 111th in RBI.
- Reynolds heads into this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .350 with a double, two walks and three RBI.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes has 105 hits and an OBP of .314 to go with a slugging percentage of .343 this season.
- Hayes ranks 241st in home runs and 202nd in RBI among all major league batters this season.
- Ben Gamel is slashing .234/.320/.374 this season for the Pirates.
- Michael Chavis has collected 85 hits this season and has an OBP of .268. He’s slugging .408 on the year.
Where To Watch Cardinals vs. Pirates
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.