The Toledo Rockets (2-0) will look to upset the No. 3 Ohio State Buckeyes (2-0) on Saturday, September 17, 2022 at Ohio Stadium. The Buckeyes are heavy favorites in this one, with the line sitting at 31 points. The over/under in this outing is 61 points.
Ohio State vs. Toledo Predictions
Ohio State vs. Toledo Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Ohio State vs. Toledo Betting Trends
- Ohio State is winless against the spread this season (0-2-0).
- The Buckeyes have not covered a spread (0-1) when playing as at least 31-point favorites.
- Ohio State has been listed as the moneyline favorite just two other times so far this season, and they won both of the games.
- Ohio State has yet to play as a moneyline favorite of or shorter.
- Toledo has covered the spread in a game one time this year (1-1-0).
- Games involving Toledo has hit the over once this season.
- Toledo will play as the underdog for the first time this season.
- Toledo has been at least a moneyline underdog two times this season and won each of those games.
Ohio State vs. Toledo: Over/Under Trends
- The Buckeyes average 33.0 points per game against the Rockets’ 46.0, totaling 18.0 points over the game’s over/under of 61.
- The 16 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 45.0 fewer than the 61 over/under in this contest.
- This season, the average total for Buckeyes games is 63.5 points, 2.5 more than the over/under of 61 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 7.7 points more than the average over/under in Rockets’ games this season (53.3 points).
Ohio State Players to Watch
- C.J. Stroud has 574 passing yards (287.0 ypg) to lead Ohio State, completing 69% of his passes and recording six touchdown passes this season.
- The team’s top rusher, TreVeyon Henderson, has carried the ball 25 times for 178 yards (89.0 per game), with two touchdowns this year.
- This season Miyan Williams has racked up 22 carries for 130 yards (65.0 per game) and one touchdown.
- Marvin Harrison Jr.’s 240 receiving yards (120.0 yards per game) lead the team. He has 12 receptions with three touchdowns.
- Emeka Egbuka has caught 13 passes for 208 yards (104.0 yards per game) and two touchdowns this year.
- Cade Stover’s five catches have yielded 54 yards (27.0 ypg).
Toledo Players to Watch
- DeQuan Finn leads Toledo with 393 passing yards (196.5 ypg) on 33-of-54 passing with three touchdowns and one interception this season. He also has 138 rushing yards (69.0 ypg) on 19 carries while scoring three touchdowns on the ground.
- This season Jacquez Stuart has taken 14 carries for 98 yards (49.0 per game) and one touchdown.
- Jerjuan Newton’s team-high 160 receiving yards (80.0 yards per game) have come on eight receptions with one touchdown.
- DeMeer Blankumsee has collected 88 receiving yards (44.0 yards per game), reeling in 13 passes this year.
- Jamal Turner’s three grabs are good enough for 87 yards (43.5 ypg) and one touchdown.
Where To Watch Ohio State vs. Toledo
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
College Football Picks
Looking for college football predictions? Go here for all of our free college football picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.