The San Francisco Giants (65-72) have dropped four games in a row as they ready to take on the Chicago Cubs (57-80), who have lost two straight. Friday’s matchup at Wrigley Field begins at 4:05 PM ET.
As the favorite, the Giants (-152 moneyline odds) visit the Cubs (+130). The San Francisco Giants will give the start to Carlos Rodon (12-7, 2.92 ERA), who is looking for win No. 13 on the season, and the Cubs will turn to Drew Smyly (5-8, 3.84 ERA). The contest has a set total of 8.5.
Giants vs. Cubs Predictions
Giants vs. Cubs Betting Odds
Latest Sports Gambling Podcast Video
Giants vs. Cubs Last 10 Games Betting Performance
- Over the last 10 games, San Francisco was listed as the moneyline favorite by bookmakers only twice, and it won both games.
- Over their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Giants combined with their opponents to go over the total seven times.
- San Francisco’s ATS record is 7-3-0 over its past 10 games.
- Chicago has played as the underdog in seven of its past 10 games and won one of those contests.
- In their last 10 games with a total, the Cubs and their opponents have combined to hit the over four times.
- Chicago is 3-7-0 ATS over its last 10 games.
Giants vs. Cubs Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Carlos Rodón
- When Rodon starts, the Giants are 15-12-0 against the spread.
- The Giants have been the moneyline favorite in 21 of Rodon’s starts this season, and they went 12-9 in those games.
- Rodon’s team is 13-14 in his 27 starts.
- Rodon’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in 12 of 27 games.
Projected starter: Drew Smyly
- Smyly and his team are 9-10-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- When he is the starting pitcher, Chicago has a record of 4-10 this season when they are the underdog on the moneyline.
- Smyly’s team has a 7-12 record in his starts this season.
- Games started by Smyly have a 5-13-1 record at hitting the over this season.
Giants Batting Leaders
- Wilmer Flores paces the Giants with 63 runs batted in.
- Flores’ home runs rank 63rd in MLB and he ranks 56th in RBI in MLB.
- Thairo Estrada is hitting .260 to pace his team.
- Estrada ranks 123rd in homers and 90th in RBI among hitters in baseball.
- Joc Pederson paces the Giants with 22 home runs.
- Mike Yastrzemski is batting .212 with 26 doubles, two triples, 12 home runs and 55 walks.
- Yastrzemski enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .357 with two doubles, a triple, a walk and an RBI.
Cubs Batting Leaders
- Ian Happ leads Chicago in runs batted in with 64 and has a batting average of .272.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Happ is 70th in home runs and 49th in RBI.
- Nico Hoerner’s batting average of .285 leads all Chicago hitters this season.
- Hoerner ranks 189th in home runs and 127th in RBI among all major league hitters this season.
- Hoerner has safely hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is batting .278 with a double, two triples and a walk.
- Seiya Suzuki has 92 hits this season and a slash line of .264/.337/.436.
- Suzuki enters this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .316 with a double, two home runs, two walks and four RBI.
- Christopher Morel has 80 hits and an OBP of .312 to go with a slugging percentage of .443 this season.
- Morel has hit safely in three straight games. In his last five games he is batting .214 with a double, two walks and two RBI.
Where To Watch Giants vs. Cubs
*Confirm FuboTV’s schedule of programming for exact games available
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.