Luis Robert carries a two-game homer streak into the Chicago White Sox’s (6-5) game versus the Cleveland Guardians (6-4) at 1:10 PM ET on Thursday, at Progressive Field.
The White Sox are the road favorite (-141) versus the Guardians (+120). The Chicago White Sox will give the start to Dylan Cease (2-0, 1.64 ERA) looking for win No. 3 on the season, and the Guardians will counter with Zach Plesac (0-1, 1.64). The over/under for the game is 8 total runs.
White Sox vs. Guardians Predictions
White Sox vs. Guardians Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
White Sox vs. Guardians Hitting Splits 2021
- The White Sox hit 80 homers on the road last season (1.0 per game).
- The White Sox averaged 3.0 extra-base hits per game while slugging .403 away from home.
- The team batted .253 with 699 hits (8.6 per game) on the road last season.
- The White Sox scored an average of 4.7 runs per game on the road.
- The White Sox had a .326 on-base percentage and averaged 3.5 walks per game on the road.
- On the road last season the club averaged 9.2 strikeouts per game.
- They hit 102 homers, an average of 1.3 per game, in 81 home contests last season.
- They had a team slugging percentage of .411 in home games last season with 230 extra-base hits.
- They averaged 7.6 base hits per game and hit .238 as a team at home last season.
- They scored 4.2 runs per game last season at home.
- When they played at home last season, they had a team on-base percentage of .305 and drew 2.8 walks per game.
- They struck out 8.3 times per game in 81 home games last season.
White Sox vs. Guardians Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Dylan Cease
- Cease has started two games with set spreads, and the White Sox went 1-1-0.
- The White Sox were named the moneyline favorite for two Cease starts this season — they won both.
- His team won both of the matchups he’s made an appearance in this season.
- Cease’s two starts with a total this season both went under.
Projected starter: Zach Plesac
- Plesac has a record of 1-1-0 ATS in two starts with a spread this season.
- His team is 0-2 this season when he starts and they’re underdogs on the moneyline.
- Plesac’s team is 0-2 when he starts this season.
- In the two games with a total started by Plesac this season, the teams did not hit the over both times.
White Sox Batting Leaders
- Tim Anderson is hitting .375 with four doubles, a home run and a walk.
- Among hitters in MLB action, Anderson ranks 78th in homers and 75th in RBI.
- Robert has put his power on display as he paces his team with two home runs.
- Robert ranks 30th in home runs and 156th in RBI this year.
- Robert takes a five-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .000 with .
- Andrew Vaughn has a team-high two home runs.
- Vaughn heads into this game on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .188 with a double.
- Jose Abreu’s .216 batting average paces his team.
White Sox Batting Leaders
- Jose Ramirez is batting .447 with four home runs and 20 RBI. All three of those stats are tops among Cleveland hitters this season.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Ramirez’s home run total is fifth, and his RBI total is first.
- Ramirez enters this matchup on a six-game hitting streak. During his last 10 games he is batting .447 with five doubles, a triple, four home runs, four walks and 20 RBI.
- Myles Straw has collected 13 hits this season and has an OBP of .429. He’s slugging .415 on the year.
- Straw ranks 190th among hitters in the big leagues in homers, and 206th in RBI.
- Straw has hit safely in four games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .381 with a double, a triple, three walks and two RBI.
- Steven Kwan has collected 12 base hits, an OBP of .524 and a slugging percentage of .548 this season.
- Oscar Mercado has collected eight hits this season and has an OBP of .222. He’s slugging .583 on the year.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.