The Boston Red Sox (5-4) and Toronto Blue Jays (6-4) clash on Tuesday at 7:10 PM ET, beginning a three-game series at Fenway Park.
The Blue Jays (+123 underdog on the moneyline to win) are away versus the Red Sox (-144). The scheduled starters are Nathan Eovaldi (1-0) for the Boston Red Sox, and Yusei Kikuchi (0-1) for the Toronto Blue Jays. The game’s total is set at 9.5.
Red Sox vs. Blue Jays Predictions
Red Sox vs. Blue Jays Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Red Sox vs. Blue Jays Hitting Splits 2021
- The Red Sox averaged 1.3 homers per home game last season (108 total at home).
- The Red Sox had a .481 slugging percentage and averaged 3.9 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club batted .281 with 764 hits (9.4 per game) at home last season.
- The Red Sox’s offense averaged 5.8 runs in home games.
- The Red Sox had a .350 on-base percentage and averaged 3.3 walks per game at home.
- They averaged 7.7 strikeouts per game at home last season.
- They hit 127 homers, an average of 1.6 per game, in 81 road contests last season.
- They had a team slugging percentage of .446 in away games last season with 259 extra-base hits.
- In away games last season, they had a .258 AVG with 8.7 base hits per contest.
- They scored 4.9 runs per game last season on the road.
- They got on base at a .325 clip with 3.1 walks drawn per contest away from home last season.
- In 81 road games last season, they averaged 7.7 strikeouts per contest.
Red Sox vs. Blue Jays Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Nathan Eovaldi
- Eovaldi has started two games with set spreads, and the Red Sox covered in both opportunities.
- The Red Sox were the moneyline favorite for one Eovaldi start this season — they won.
- His team split the two games he’s appeared in this season.
- Eovaldi’s two starts with a total this season both went over.
Projected starter: Yusei Kikuchi
- Kikuchi and his team failed to cover the spread in his only opportunity this season as a starter.
- His team lost his only start as an underdog this season.
- Kikuchi’s team lost in his only start this season.
- The only game started by Kikuchi with a total this season hit the under.
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Rafael Devers has racked up a team-best batting average of .368.
- Devers’ home runs rank 20th in MLB and he ranks 20th in RBI in MLB.
- Devers enters this game on a six-game hitting streak. In his last nine outings he is batting .368 with three doubles, two home runs, a walk and seven RBI.
- Alex Verdugo’s three home runs and eight RBI both pace his team.
- Verdugo ranks seventh in home runs among hitters in baseball and 11th in RBI.
- Kike Hernandez has five doubles, a home run and five walks while hitting .184.
- Hernandez has safely hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .333 with five doubles, a home run, three walks and four RBI.
- J.D. Martinez is hitting .250 with four doubles, a home run and four walks.
- Martinez takes a six-game hitting streak into this game. In his last nine games he is batting .250 with four doubles, a home run, four walks and six RBI.
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. leads Toronto in home runs with five and runs batted in with 10.
- Guerrero’s home run total ranks first in the big leagues, and he is fifth in RBI.
- George Springer has collected 11 hits this season and has an OBP of .318. He’s slugging .512 on the year.
- Among all MLB hitters, Springer is 20th in homers and 52nd in RBI.
- Springer has safely hit in five straight games. In his last five games he is batting .105 with a double and an RBI.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr.’s batting average of .306 leads all Toronto hitters this season.
- Matt Chapman is batting .226 with an OBP of .333 and a slugging percentage of .452 this season.
- Chapman heads into this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .286 with a home run, three walks and four RBI.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.