The Boston Red Sox (5-4) and Toronto Blue Jays (6-4) clash on Tuesday at 7:10 PM ET, beginning a three-game series at Fenway Park.
The Blue Jays (+123 underdog on the moneyline to win) are away versus the Red Sox (-144). The scheduled starters are Nathan Eovaldi (1-0) for the Boston Red Sox, and Yusei Kikuchi (0-1) for the Toronto Blue Jays. The game’s total is set at 9.5.
Red Sox vs. Blue Jays Predictions
Red Sox vs. Blue Jays Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Red Sox vs. Blue Jays Hitting Splits 2021
- The Red Sox averaged 1.3 homers per home game last season (108 total at home).
- The Red Sox had a .481 slugging percentage and averaged 3.9 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club batted .281 with 764 hits (9.4 per game) at home last season.
- The Red Sox’s offense averaged 5.8 runs in home games.
- The Red Sox had a .350 on-base percentage and averaged 3.3 walks per game at home.
- They averaged 7.7 strikeouts per game at home last season.
- They hit 127 homers, an average of 1.6 per game, in 81 road contests last season.
- They had a team slugging percentage of .446 in away games last season with 259 extra-base hits.
- In away games last season, they had a .258 AVG with 8.7 base hits per contest.
- They scored 4.9 runs per game last season on the road.
- They got on base at a .325 clip with 3.1 walks drawn per contest away from home last season.
- In 81 road games last season, they averaged 7.7 strikeouts per contest.
Red Sox vs. Blue Jays Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Nathan Eovaldi
- Eovaldi has started two games with set spreads, and the Red Sox covered in both opportunities.
- The Red Sox were the moneyline favorite for one Eovaldi start this season — they won.
- His team split the two games he’s appeared in this season.
- Eovaldi’s two starts with a total this season both went over.
Projected starter: Yusei Kikuchi
- Kikuchi and his team failed to cover the spread in his only opportunity this season as a starter.
- His team lost his only start as an underdog this season.
- Kikuchi’s team lost in his only start this season.
- The only game started by Kikuchi with a total this season hit the under.
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Rafael Devers has racked up a team-best batting average of .368.
- Devers’ home runs rank 20th in MLB and he ranks 20th in RBI in MLB.
- Devers enters this game on a six-game hitting streak. In his last nine outings he is batting .368 with three doubles, two home runs, a walk and seven RBI.
- Alex Verdugo’s three home runs and eight RBI both pace his team.
- Verdugo ranks seventh in home runs among hitters in baseball and 11th in RBI.
- Kike Hernandez has five doubles, a home run and five walks while hitting .184.
- Hernandez has safely hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .333 with five doubles, a home run, three walks and four RBI.
- J.D. Martinez is hitting .250 with four doubles, a home run and four walks.
- Martinez takes a six-game hitting streak into this game. In his last nine games he is batting .250 with four doubles, a home run, four walks and six RBI.
Red Sox Batting Leaders
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. leads Toronto in home runs with five and runs batted in with 10.
- Guerrero’s home run total ranks first in the big leagues, and he is fifth in RBI.
- George Springer has collected 11 hits this season and has an OBP of .318. He’s slugging .512 on the year.
- Among all MLB hitters, Springer is 20th in homers and 52nd in RBI.
- Springer has safely hit in five straight games. In his last five games he is batting .105 with a double and an RBI.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr.’s batting average of .306 leads all Toronto hitters this season.
- Matt Chapman is batting .226 with an OBP of .333 and a slugging percentage of .452 this season.
- Chapman heads into this matchup on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .286 with a home run, three walks and four RBI.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.