The Houston Astros (4-1) have a 1-0 series lead, hoping to sweep the Arizona Diamondbacks (1-4) on Wednesday at Chase Field, at 3:40 PM ET.
The Diamondbacks (+134 underdog on the moneyline) host the Astros (-156). The Astros will start Framber Valdez versus the Diamondbacks and Merrill Kelly. The total for the game is set at 9 total runs.
Astros vs. Diamondbacks Predictions
Astros vs. Diamondbacks Betting Odds
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Astros vs. Diamondbacks Hitting Splits 2021
- The Astros hit 116 homers away from home last season (1.4 per game).
- The Astros slugged .444 with 3.3 extra-base hits per game in road contests.
- The club averaged 9.5 hits per game and batted .268 away from home last season.
- The Astros scored an average of 5.4 runs per game on the road.
- The Astros averaged 3.4 walks per game with an on-base percentage of .444 in road contests.
- On the road last season the team averaged 7.8 strikeouts per game.
- They hit 69 homers, an average of 0.9 per game, in 81 home contests last season.
- They had a team slugging percentage of .403 in home games last season with 258 extra-base hits.
- They averaged 8.4 base hits per game and hit .251 as a team at home last season.
- They scored 4.6 runs per game last season at home.
- In 81 home games last season, they had a team OBP of .322 with 3.3 walks drawn per contest.
- They struck out 8.6 times per game in 81 home games last season.
Astros vs. Diamondbacks Starting Pitcher Betting Trends
Projected starter: Framber Valdez
- Valdez has started just one game with a set spread, which the Astros covered.
- The Astros have not been a moneyline favorite when Valdez starts this season.
- His team won the only game he’s appeared in this season.
- Valdez’s lone start with a total this season went under.
Projected starter: Merrill Kelly
- Kelly and his team failed to cover the spread in his only opportunity this season as a starter.
- His team lost his only start as an underdog this season.
- Kelly’s team lost in his only start this season.
- The only game started by Kelly with a total this season hit the under.
Astros Batting Leaders
- Jose Altuve hit .278 last season with 32 doubles, a triple, 31 home runs and 66 walks.
- Kyle Tucker had 37 doubles, three triples, 30 home runs and 53 walks while batting .294.
- Yuli Gurriel had a batting average of .319 with 169 total hits last season.
- Yordan Alvarez hit 33 home runs with 104 RBI last year.
Astros Batting Leaders
- David Peralta drove in 63 runs while batting .259 last season.
- Ketel Marte slugged 14 long balls while driving in 50 runs.
- Pavin Smith hit .267 last season with 11 home runs and 49 RBI.
- Christian Walker collected 98 hits, posted an OBP of .315 and a .382 SLG.
Looking for MLB predictions? Go here for all of our free MLB picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.