The Minnesota Timberwolves (23-23) visit the Portland Trail Blazers (20-26) in a matchup of Northwest Division teams at Moda Center, starting at 10:00 PM ET on Tuesday, January 25, 2022. The Timberwolves are 3-point favorites in the game, the second matchup between the squads this season. The matchup has an over/under set at 227.5 points.
Timberwolves vs. Trail Blazers Predictions
Timberwolves vs. Trail Blazers Betting Odds
Timberwolves vs. Trail Blazers Last 10 Games
- Minnesota covered the spread five times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- Minnesota and its opponents have combined to hit the over in eight of those 10 games.
- The last 10 Timberwolves games averaged 224.8 total points, 2.7 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- In the past 10 games, the Timberwolves are scoring 10.8 points more per game compared to their season average.
- Portland covered the spread seven times in its past 10 matchups while putting up a 7-3 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Portland games have surpassed the set total four times.
- The Trail Blazers’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 217.4 points scored. That’s 10.1 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over the past 10 games, the Trail Blazers are scoring 106.8 points per game compared to their 108.4 season average.
Timberwolves vs. Trail Blazers Betting Trends
- Minnesota is 24-22-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they were favored in by 3 points or more so far this season, the Timberwolves went 7-7 against the spread.
- This season, 26 of Minnesota’s games have gone over the point total.
- The Timberwolves are shooting 44.1% from the field this season, 3.3 percentage points lower than the 47.4% the Trail Blazers allow to opponents.
- Minnesota is 11-1 against the spread and 11-1 overall when it shoots higher than 47.4% from the field.
- Portland has covered the spread in a matchup 20 times this year (20-26-1).
- The Trail Blazers have an ATS record of 8-11 when playing as at least 3-point underdogs.
- Games involving Portland have hit the over 23 times out of 47 chances this season.
- The Trail Blazers are shooting 44.8% from the field, 0.4% lower than the 45.2% the Timberwolves’ opponents have shot this season.
- Portland has put together a 12-10-1 record against the spread and a 13-9 straight up record in games it shoots above 45.2% from the field.
Timberwolves vs. Trail Blazers Over/Under Trends
- A total of 19 Minnesota games this season have gone over Tuesday’s total of 227.5 points.
- There have been 14 Portland games that have finished with a combined score over 227.5 points this season.
- The Timberwolves average 111.0 points per game against the Trail Blazers’ 108.4, amounting to 8.1 points under the matchup’s over/under of 227.5.
- The 222 points per game these two teams allow to opponents on average this season are 5.5 fewer than the 227.5 total in this contest.
- On average, the over/under in Timberwolves games is 6.2 points fewer than the over/under of 227.5 points in this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 7.2 points more than the average over/under in Trail Blazers’ games this season (220.3 points).
Timberwolves Team Leaders
- Karl-Anthony Towns: 24.3 PTS, 9.2 REB, 1.1 STL, 1.2 BLK, 51.5 FG%, 40.4 3PT% (86-for-213)
- Anthony Edwards: 22.2 PTS, 1.5 STL, 44.3 FG%, 37.5 3PT% (131-for-349)
- D’Angelo Russell: 19.0 PTS, 7.1 AST, 41.1 FG%, 35.4 3PT% (109-for-308)
- Jarred Vanderbilt: 6.8 PTS, 9.1 REB, 1.6 STL, 58.7 FG%, 20.0 3PT% (2-for-10)
- Malik Beasley: 12.2 PTS, 37.4 FG%, 34.9 3PT% (136-for-390)
Trail Blazers Team Leaders
- Jusuf Nurkic: 14.3 PTS, 10.8 REB, 1.2 STL, 54.0 FG%, 20.5 3PT% (9-for-44)
- CJ McCollum: 20.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 43.3 FG%, 40.6 3PT% (91-for-224)
- Norman Powell: 18.6 PTS, 45.5 FG%, 39.9 3PT% (75-for-188)
- Robert Covington: 7.7 PTS, 1.4 STL, 1.3 BLK, 39.5 FG%, 35.6 3PT% (73-for-205)
- Nassir Little: 9.5 PTS, 45.4 FG%, 31.8 3PT% (47-for-148)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.