A pair of hot teams meet when the Charlotte Hornets (26-20) host the Atlanta Hawks (20-25) on Sunday, January 23, 2022 at 7:00 PM ET. The Hornets are 3-point favorites and put their three-game win streak on the line against the Hawks, who have won three straight. The point total is set at 236.5 in the matchup.
Hornets vs. Hawks Predictions
Hornets vs. Hawks Betting Odds
Hornets vs. Hawks Last 10 Games
- Charlotte has a 7-3 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread seven times in those games.
- The final score of the past 10 Charlotte games has surpassed the set total three times.
- The last 10 Hornets games averaged 227.1 total points, 9.4 fewer points than this matchup’s point total.
- During the last 10 games, the Hornets are scoring 2.2 points less per game compared to their season average.
- Atlanta covered the spread four times in its last 10 contests while putting up a 4-6 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Atlanta games have exceeded the set total seven times.
- The Hawks’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 225.6 points scored. That’s 10.9 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- In their past 10 games, the Hawks have a 113.2 points-per-game average, 2.0 points above their season-long scoring average.
Hornets vs. Hawks Betting Trends
- Charlotte has covered the spread 29 times this season (29-17-0).
- In games they were favored in by 3 points or more so far this season, the Hornets have gone 4-4 against the spread.
- Charlotte games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 23 times this season.
- This season, the Hornets have a 46.2% shooting percentage from the field, which is 0.7% lower than the 46.9% of shots the Hawks’ opponents have hit.
- Charlotte is 16-3 against the spread and 14-5 overall when it shoots better than 46.9% from the field.
- Atlanta has covered the spread 18 times over 45 games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 3-point underdogs or more, the Hawks have an ATS record of only 2-10.
- This season, Atlanta’s games have hit the over 25 times.
- The Hawks are shooting 46.3% from the field, 0.1% higher than the 46.2% the Hornets’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Atlanta has a 12-10 record against the spread and a 13-9 record overall in games the team collectively shoots over 46.2% from the field.
Hornets vs. Hawks Over/Under Trends
- A total of 18 Charlotte games this season have gone over Sunday’s over/under of 236.5 points.
- In Atlanta’s 45 games this season, 13 have finished with more combined scoring than Sunday’s over/under of 236.5.
- The total for the contest of 236.5 is 10.7 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Hornets (114.6 points per game) and the Hawks (111.2 points per game).
- The 226.4 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 10.1 fewer than the 236.5 total in this contest.
- This season the average total for Hornets games is 225.8 points, 10.7 fewer than the over/under of 236.5 points for this contest.
- Hawks games have an over/under of 221.0 points this season, 15.5 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
Hornets Team Leaders
- Miles Bridges: 20.1 PTS, 7.5 REB, 1.1 STL, 48.2 FG%, 32.5 3PT% (87-for-268)
- LaMelo Ball: 19.0 PTS, 7.3 REB, 7.7 AST, 1.6 STL, 41.8 FG%, 37.1 3PT% (105-for-283)
- Gordon Hayward: 17.0 PTS, 47.1 FG%, 39.7 3PT% (83-for-209)
- Terry Rozier: 18.8 PTS, 1.1 STL, 43.9 FG%, 38.0 3PT% (113-for-297)
- Kelly Oubre Jr.: 16.4 PTS, 1.2 STL, 45.3 FG%, 36.7 3PT% (119-for-324)
Hawks Team Leaders
- Trae Young: 27.9 PTS, 9.4 AST, 45.5 FG%, 37.2 3PT% (115-for-309)
- John Collins: 17.2 PTS, 8.0 REB, 1.1 BLK, 53.6 FG%, 43.0 3PT% (55-for-128)
- Clint Capela: 11.6 PTS, 12.9 REB, 1.5 BLK, 57.3 FG%
- Kevin Huerter: 11.6 PTS, 45.9 FG%, 36.3 3PT% (69-for-190)
- Danilo Gallinari: 10.5 PTS, 42.2 FG%, 40.3 3PT% (58-for-144)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.