Atlantic Division opponents square off when the Boston Celtics (23-23) host the Portland Trail Blazers (18-26) at TD Garden, beginning at 7:30 PM ET on Friday, January 21, 2022. The Celtics are 7.5-point favorites in the game, the second matchup between the teams this season. The point total is set at 214 for the matchup.
Celtics vs. Trail Blazers Predictions
Celtics vs. Trail Blazers Betting Odds
Celtics vs. Trail Blazers Last 10 Games
- Boston covered the spread three times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 6-4 record straight-up in those games.
- Boston’s last 10 games saw five go over the total.
- The past 10 Celtics games averaged 1.2 fewer points (212.8) than this matchup’s over/under.
- In their last 10 games, the Celtics have a points-per-game average 1.9 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Portland has a 6-4 record straight-up in its past 10 contests, while covering the spread six times in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 Portland games have exceeded the set total four times.
- The last 10 Trail Blazers games averaged 218.6 total points, 4.6 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Trail Blazers’ per-game scoring average across their last 10 games is 109.0, 0.7 points higher than their season-long per-game average.
Celtics vs. Trail Blazers Betting Trends
- Boston is 22-23-1 against the spread this season.
- The Celtics have an ATS record of 2-5 when playing as at least 7.5-point favorites.
- Games involving Boston have hit the over 20 times this season.
- The Celtics are shooting 44.6% from the field this season, 3.0 percentage points lower than the 47.6% the Trail Blazers allow to opponents.
- Boston has a 9-1-1 record against the spread and an 8-3 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 47.6% from the field.
- Portland has put together an 18-26-1 record against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as 7.5-point underdogs or more, the Trail Blazers have an ATS record of 4-3.
- This year, Portland’s games have hit the over 21 times out of 45 chances.
- The Trail Blazers’ 44.6% shooting percentage from the field this season is 0.5 percentage points higher than the Celtics have given up to their opponents (44.1%).
- This season, Portland has a 10-14-1 record against the spread and an 11-13 record overall in games the team collectively shoots above 44.1% from the field.
Celtics vs. Trail Blazers Over/Under Trends
- A total of 21 Boston games this season have gone over Friday’s total of 214 points.
- A total of 30 of Portland’s games finished with a combined score over 214 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 215.8 points per game, 1.8 points more than the over/under of 214 for this contest.
- This matchup’s over/under is 4.1 fewer points than the 218.1 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- The Celtics have seen a 213.5 average over/under in their games this season, 0.5 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- Trail Blazers’ games have a total points bet of 220.6 points this season, 6.6 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
Celtics Team Leaders
- Jayson Tatum: 25.2 PTS, 8.5 REB, 41.5 FG%, 31.7 3PT% (109-for-344)
- Jaylen Brown: 24.1 PTS, 1.2 STL, 45.9 FG%, 36.0 3PT% (89-for-247)
- Dennis Schroder: 16.1 PTS, 44.3 FG%, 36.4 3PT% (60-for-165)
- Al Horford: 10.8 PTS, 7.4 REB, 1.3 BLK, 44.8 FG%, 29.0 3PT% (45-for-155)
- Marcus Smart: 11.6 PTS, 5.3 AST, 1.9 STL, 39.3 FG%, 30.4 3PT% (55-for-181)
Trail Blazers Team Leaders
- Jusuf Nurkic: 14.0 PTS, 10.7 REB, 1.2 STL, 53.9 FG%, 19.0 3PT% (8-for-42)
- Norman Powell: 18.6 PTS, 45.5 FG%, 39.9 3PT% (75-for-188)
- Anfernee Simons: 14.9 PTS, 44.7 FG%, 39.2 3PT% (98-for-250)
- Robert Covington: 7.7 PTS, 1.5 STL, 1.3 BLK, 39.7 FG%, 35.5 3PT% (70-for-197)
- Nassir Little: 9.3 PTS, 44.4 FG%, 31.2 3PT% (44-for-141)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.