LeBron James and the Los Angeles Lakers (21-22) are 4.5-point underdogs against Donovan Mitchell and the Utah Jazz (28-14) Monday, January 17, 2022 at Staples Center. The game tips off at 10:30 PM ET. The matchup has a point total of 231.5.
Jazz vs. Lakers Predictions
Jazz vs. Lakers Betting Odds
Jazz vs. Lakers Last 10 Games
- Utah has a 5-5 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- The final score of the last 10 Utah games has surpassed the set total six times.
- The past 10 Jazz games averaged 6.9 fewer points (224.6) than this matchup’s point total.
- In their past 10 games, the Jazz have a points-per-game average 1.2 points below their season-long scoring average.
- Los Angeles covered the spread five times in its last 10 matchups while putting up a 5-5 record straight-up in those games.
- Los Angeles’ past 10 outings saw eight go over the total.
- The Lakers’ last 10 games have ended with an average of 226.7 points scored. That’s 4.8 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Lakers have scored 6.3 more points per contest compared to their 111.7 PPG season-long scoring average.
Jazz vs. Lakers Betting Trends
- Utah has compiled a 20-23-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games this season when favored by 4.5 points or more, the Jazz are 17-20 against the spread.
- This season, 24 of Utah’s games have gone over the point total out of 43 chances.
- The Jazz make 47.6% of their shots from the field this season, which is 2.4 percentage points higher than the Lakers have allowed to their opponents (45.2%).
- In games Utah shoots better than 45.2% from the field, it is 18-12 against the spread and 23-7 overall.
- Los Angeles has covered the spread in a matchup 18 times this season (18-25-0).
- In games they have played as 4.5-point underdogs or more, the Lakers have an ATS record of 5-4.
- Games involving Los Angeles have hit the over 25 times this season.
- The Lakers are shooting 46.5% from the field, 1.6% higher than the 44.9% the Jazz’s opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Los Angeles has a 15-14 record against the spread and an 18-11 record overall in games the team collectively shoots higher than 44.9% from the field.
Jazz vs. Lakers Over/Under Trends
- Utah and its opponents have combined to go over Monday’s over/under of 231.5 points 14 times this season.
- This season, 20 of Los Angeles’ games have ended with a score higher than 231.5 points.
- The total for the contest of 231.5 is 4.7 points more than the combined points per game averages for the Jazz (115.1 points per game) and the Lakers (111.7 points per game).
- The 220.9 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 10.6 fewer than the 231.5 total in this contest.
- This season the average total for Jazz games is 220.4 points, 11.1 fewer than the over/under of 231.5 points for this contest.
- Lakers games have an over/under of 221.5 points this season, 10.0 points fewer than the total points bet for this game.
Jazz Team Leaders
- Donovan Mitchell: 25.0 PTS, 5.0 AST, 1.6 STL, 45.3 FG%, 34.6 3PT% (124-for-358)
- Rudy Gobert: 15.1 PTS, 14.7 REB, 2.2 BLK, 70.6 FG%
- Bojan Bogdanovic: 17.5 PTS, 47.6 FG%, 40.7 3PT% (107-for-263)
- Mike Conley: 13.6 PTS, 5.2 AST, 1.1 STL, 46.1 FG%, 42.6 3PT% (89-for-209)
- Jordan Clarkson: 14.9 PTS, 40.1 FG%, 31.9 3PT% (107-for-335)
Lakers Team Leaders
- Russell Westbrook: 18.7 PTS, 8.1 REB, 8.0 AST, 1.1 STL, 43.8 FG%, 29.1 3PT% (43-for-148)
- LeBron James: 28.9 PTS, 7.5 REB, 6.5 AST, 1.6 STL, 1.2 BLK, 51.9 FG%, 36.2 3PT% (89-for-246)
- Carmelo Anthony: 13.2 PTS, 42.7 FG%, 38.9 3PT% (96-for-247)
- Malik Monk: 12.1 PTS, 47.3 FG%, 40.6 3PT% (82-for-202)
- Dwight Howard: 5.4 PTS, 62.9 FG%, 66.7 3PT% (6-for-9)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.