The Boston Celtics (22-22) are favored (by 5.5 points) to continue a three-game home winning streak when they host the New Orleans Pelicans (16-27) on Monday, January 17, 2022 at 12:30 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 216.5.
Celtics vs. Pelicans Predictions
Celtics vs. Pelicans Betting Odds
Celtics vs. Pelicans Last 10 Games
- Boston has a 6-4 record straight-up in its last 10 contests, while covering the spread three times in those games.
- Boston and its opponents have hit the over in six of those 10 games.
- The last 10 Celtics games averaged 212.1 total points, 4.4 fewer points than this matchup’s over/under.
- Over their last 10 games, the Celtics have a points-per-game average 2.2 points below their season-long scoring average.
- New Orleans covered the spread five times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 4-6 record straight-up in those games.
- The final scores of the past 10 New Orleans games have surpassed the set total five times.
- The Pelicans’ past 10 outings have ended with an average of 220.0 points scored. That’s 3.5 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Pelicans have a 109.5 points-per-game average, 3.6 points above their season-long scoring average.
Celtics vs. Pelicans Betting Trends
- Boston has covered the spread 21 times this season (21-22-1).
- In games this season when favored by 5.5 points or more, the Celtics have gone 7-7 against the spread.
- Boston games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 20 times this season.
- The Celtics make 44.6% of their shots from the field this season, which is 2.3 percentage points lower than the Pelicans have allowed to their opponents (46.9%).
- Boston has an 11-3-1 record against the spread and a 10-5 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 46.9% from the field.
- New Orleans has registered a 20-23-0 record against the spread this year.
- In games they have played as 5.5-point underdogs or more, the Pelicans have an ATS record of 8-12.
- New Orleans games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 19 times this year.
- The Pelicans are shooting 43.7% from the field, 0.4% lower than the 44.1% the Celtics’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, New Orleans has a 12-5 record against the spread and a 10-7 record overall in games the team collectively shoots higher than 44.1% from the field.
Celtics vs. Pelicans Over/Under Trends
- Boston and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (216.5 points) 20 times this season.
- A total of 18 of New Orleans’ games ended with a combined score over 216.5 points this season.
- Together, the two teams combine for 213.6 points per game, 2.9 points fewer than the point total of 216.5 for this game.
- This game’s total is 0.3 fewer points than the 216.2 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- This season the average total for Celtics games is 213.4 points, 3.1 fewer than the over/under of 216.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 0.2 points fewer than the average over/under in Pelicans’ games this season (216.7 points).
Celtics Team Leaders
- Jayson Tatum: 25.5 PTS, 8.6 REB, 41.7 FG%, 32.7 3PT% (109-for-333)
- Jaylen Brown: 24.2 PTS, 1.2 STL, 45.9 FG%, 36.7 3PT% (84-for-229)
- Marcus Smart: 11.6 PTS, 5.3 AST, 1.9 STL, 39.3 FG%, 30.4 3PT% (55-for-181)
- Robert Williams III: 10.0 PTS, 9.2 REB, 2.1 BLK, 74.4 FG%
- Al Horford: 10.7 PTS, 7.4 REB, 1.4 BLK, 43.9 FG%, 28.1 3PT% (41-for-146)
Pelicans Team Leaders
- Jonas Valanciunas: 18.3 PTS, 12.0 REB, 52.1 FG%, 43.0 3PT% (40-for-93)
- Brandon Ingram: 22.9 PTS, 5.2 AST, 44.7 FG%, 35.0 3PT% (57-for-163)
- Josh Hart: 13.1 PTS, 7.5 REB, 51.3 FG%, 34.0 3PT% (35-for-103)
- Devonte’ Graham: 13.8 PTS, 37.0 FG%, 35.5 3PT% (120-for-338)
- Nickeil Alexander-Walker: 12.9 PTS, 37.1 FG%, 30.9 3PT% (80-for-259)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.