The Los Angeles Lakers (21-21) will look to LeBron James (second in the league scoring 29.1 points per game) when they attempt to defeat Nikola Jokic (eighth in the NBA with 25.5 PPG) and the Denver Nuggets (21-19) on Saturday, January 15, 2022 at Ball Arena. The Lakers are 3.5-point road underdogs in the game, which starts at 9:00 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is set at 224.5.
Nuggets vs. Lakers Predictions
Nuggets vs. Lakers Betting Odds
Nuggets vs. Lakers Last 10 Games
- Denver has a 6-4 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread four times in those games.
- Denver and its opponents have hit the over in three of those 10 games.
- The Nuggets’ last 10 outings have ended with an average of 218.4 points scored. That’s 6.1 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Nuggets’ per-game scoring average during their past 10 games is 0.2 points higher than their season-long average.
- Los Angeles has a 5-5 record straight-up in its last 10 matchups, while covering the spread five times in those games.
- The final scores of the last 10 Los Angeles games have gone over the set total eight times.
- The Lakers’ past 10 games have ended with an average of 226.8 points scored. That’s 2.3 more points than this contest’s over/under.
- During their last 10 games, the Lakers have a 119.4 points-per-game average, 7.3 points above their season-long scoring average.
Nuggets vs. Lakers Betting Trends
- Denver has covered the spread in a game 17 times this season (17-23-0).
- In games they were favored in by 3.5 points or more so far this season, the Nuggets have gone 7-9 against the spread.
- This season, Denver’s games have hit the over 20 times.
- This season, the Nuggets have a 46.6% shooting percentage from the field, which is 1.5% higher than the 45.1% of shots the Lakers’ opponents have knocked down.
- Denver has a 13-10 record against the spread and a 14-9 straight-up record in games it shoots higher than 45.1% from the field.
- Los Angeles has covered the spread 18 times over 42 games with a set spread.
- In games they were an underdog in by 3.5 points or more so far this season, the Lakers have gone 5-3 against the spread.
- Los Angeles games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 24 times this year.
- The Lakers are shooting 46.6% from the field, 0.5% higher than the 46.1% the Nuggets’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Los Angeles has a 14-13 record against the spread and an 18-9 record overall in games the team collectively shoots above 46.1% from the field.
Nuggets vs. Lakers Over/Under Trends
- This season, Denver and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s over/under of 224.5 points 11 times.
- This season, 21 of Los Angeles’ games have ended with a score higher than 224.5 points.
- Together, the two teams combine for 218.5 points per game, 6.0 points fewer than the over/under of 224.5 for this contest.
- The 218.5 points per game these two teams allow their opponents to score on average this season are 6.0 fewer than the 224.5 over/under in this contest.
- This season the average total for Nuggets games is 215.1 points, 9.4 fewer than the over/under of 224.5 points for this contest.
- Lakers games have an over/under of 221.4 points this season, 3.1 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
Nuggets Team Leaders
- Nikola Jokic: 25.5 PTS, 14.0 REB, 7.0 AST, 1.3 STL, 56.6 FG%, 35.6 3PT% (52-for-146)
- Will Barton: 15.3 PTS, 42.6 FG%, 36.9 3PT% (83-for-225)
- Aaron Gordon: 14.0 PTS, 52.6 FG%, 30.6 3PT% (34-for-111)
- Monte Morris: 12.6 PTS, 48.0 FG%, 38.4 3PT% (63-for-164)
- Facundo Campazzo: 6.8 PTS, 1.2 STL, 39.4 FG%, 33.6 3PT% (47-for-140)
Lakers Team Leaders
- Russell Westbrook: 18.7 PTS, 8.2 REB, 8.1 AST, 1.1 STL, 43.7 FG%, 28.8 3PT% (42-for-146)
- LeBron James: 29.1 PTS, 7.4 REB, 6.6 AST, 1.7 STL, 1.1 BLK, 52.4 FG%, 36.6 3PT% (87-for-238)
- Carmelo Anthony: 13.2 PTS, 42.7 FG%, 38.9 3PT% (96-for-247)
- Malik Monk: 12.3 PTS, 47.4 FG%, 40.8 3PT% (82-for-201)
- Dwight Howard: 5.2 PTS, 61.9 FG%, 75.0 3PT% (6-for-8)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.