The Orlando Magic (7-34) will try to end a 10-game losing streak when they hit the road to take on the Charlotte Hornets (22-19) on Friday, January 14, 2022 at Spectrum Center as 5.5-point underdogs. The game airs at 7:00 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 216.5 points.
Hornets vs. Magic Predictions
Hornets vs. Magic Betting Odds
Hornets vs. Magic Last 10 Games
- Charlotte has a 7-3 record straight-up in its past 10 matchups, while covering the spread eight times in those games.
- Two times in those 10 games, the final combined score has gone over the set total.
- The last 10 Hornets games averaged 231.7 total points, 15.2 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
- The Hornets’ per-game scoring average across their past 10 games is 1.0 point lower than their season-long average.
- Orlando covered the spread five times in its past 10 contests while putting up a 0-10 record straight-up in those games.
- Orlando’s past 10 contests saw six go over the total.
- The Magic’s last 10 games have ended with an average of 214.1 points scored. That’s 2.4 fewer points than this contest’s over/under.
- The Magic’s per-game scoring average across their past 10 games is 102.8, 1.1 points higher than their season-long per-game average.
Hornets vs. Magic Betting Trends
- Charlotte is 26-16-0 against the spread this season.
- The Hornets are 3-1 ATS when playing as at least 5.5-point favorites.
- Games involving Charlotte have hit the over 22 times out of 42 chances this season.
- The Hornets are shooting 46.3% from the field this season, 0.3 percentage points higher than the 46.0% the Magic allow to opponents.
- Charlotte has a 15-5 record against the spread and a 13-7 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 46.0% from the field.
- Orlando is 19-23-0 against the spread this year.
- In games this year when an underdog by 5.5 points or more, the Magic are 18-19 against the spread.
- This season, 21 of Orlando’s games have gone over the point total out of 42 chances.
- The Magic are shooting 42.4% from the field, 4.1% lower than the 46.5% the Hornets’ opponents have shot this season.
- This season, Orlando has a 4-4 record against the spread and a 2-6 record overall in games the team collectively shoots higher than 46.5% from the field.
Hornets vs. Magic Over/Under Trends
- A total of 29 Charlotte games this season have gone over Friday’s over/under of 216.5 points.
- This season, 16 games Orlando played finished with a combined score over 216.5 points.
- The Hornets average 115.2 points per game against the Magic’s 101.7, amounting to 0.4 points over the contest’s total of 216.5.
- This matchup’s total is 10.3 fewer points than the 226.8 these two teams combine to allow per game in 2020.
- On average, the Hornets have seen a 226.3 over/under in their games this season, 9.8 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 3.5 points more than the average over/under in Magic’s games this season (213.0 points).
Hornets Team Leaders
- LaMelo Ball: 18.9 PTS, 7.1 REB, 7.4 AST, 1.6 STL, 42.4 FG%, 37.9 3PT% (97-for-256)
- Miles Bridges: 19.0 PTS, 7.1 REB, 1.1 STL, 47.6 FG%, 31.7 3PT% (73-for-230)
- Gordon Hayward: 16.5 PTS, 46.1 FG%, 37.8 3PT% (70-for-185)
- Kelly Oubre Jr.: 16.6 PTS, 1.1 STL, 45.8 FG%, 37.3 3PT% (116-for-311)
- Terry Rozier: 17.6 PTS, 1.2 STL, 43.7 FG%, 38.7 3PT% (94-for-243)
Magic Team Leaders
- Wendell Carter Jr.: 13.1 PTS, 10.3 REB, 48.9 FG%, 33.1 3PT% (46-for-139)
- Franz Wagner: 15.3 PTS, 45.2 FG%, 36.3 3PT% (53-for-146)
- Mohamed Bamba: 10.1 PTS, 8.4 REB, 2.1 BLK, 44.8 FG%, 33.3 3PT% (41-for-123)
- Terrence Ross: 12.4 PTS, 41.6 FG%, 30.6 3PT% (48-for-157)
- Gary Harris: 11.3 PTS, 45.0 FG%, 37.2 3PT% (58-for-156)
Looking for NBA predictions? Go here for all of our free NBA picks.
Looking for the best bonuses and offers from online sportsbooks? Check out BetSGPN, your home for online sports betting.